Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
installation link
rejonzin [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Las Vegas Joined: Jun 18, 2016 13:09 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
How do I get an active download / installation link for PD 17 If a picture said a thousand words, I would never stop talking!!!
Rejonzin
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
rejonzin:

You will have to contact Cyberlink Support to obtain a download link. You will have to be able to provide proof that you are the licenced owner of PD17. Many of us here keep copies of our installer files on external media, along with the licence keys, so that when we move to a new computer or should there be a hardware failure or software corruption, we can reinstall our licenced products.

Good luck and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
rejonzin [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Las Vegas Joined: Jun 18, 2016 13:09 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote rejonzin:

You will have to contact Cyberlink Support to obtain a download link. You will have to be able to provide proof that you are the licenced owner of PD17. Many of us here keep copies of our installer files on external media, along with the licence keys, so that when we move to a new computer or should there be a hardware failure or software corruption, we can reinstall our licenced products.

Good luck and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Thanks so much, I usually keep copies as well, This time I lost a HDD with the copies on it. If a picture said a thousand words, I would never stop talking!!!
Rejonzin
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
rejonzin:

Good luck. Cyberlink is very good at helping their customers if they can prove that they did purchase the software.

A good, recent system image (backup) is an important computer security consideration. I create full system images my computers weekly, and copy those images to an external drive as well, from my internal dedicated backup drive. Nothing "forgets" faster than a computer, so having multiple system image backups is a good habit to get into, and it will save you grief down the road, as you have found out, unfortunately, the hard way.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor