Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
nvlddmkm.sys "page fault in nonpaged area" BSOD w cyberlink powerdirector 16
similarly [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2017 21:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
While editing a large video in powerdirector 16, I started getting BSOD errors. I'd work a few minutes ... BSOD. After 2 or 3 of these, I attempted to update my nvidia studio driver with a clean install.

Ended up in a restart loop. Went to restore point. Restart loop was fixed. Still getting BSODs.

The error is nvlddmkm.sys "page fault in nonpaged area".

I thought maybe the video is too big and deleted everything off the timeline, and tried to put down new clips just as I needed them for editing. Still BSOD.

I can use other graphics-intensive software, such as iClone and video games. Only cyberlink is crashing my system.

I suspect there is a problem between Win 10's latest security update, the latest NVIDIA drivers, and Cyberlink, but as this is a Cyberlink issue, I thought I'd post here and see if someone here has ideas.

My system:
Win10 64 bit
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
RTX 2070
16gb ram
similarly [Avatar]
[Post New]
It seems now that it's not ALL powerdirector projects. It's just the one. It's a project I started at work, and then brought home, and the first time I opened it, it couldn't find the files so I had to browse and redirect the pathways, but it's giving PD some troubles. Cyberlink might want to check its system for media management. It seems it's causing some problems. In the meantime, I'll just have to make sure that I finish a project on the computer on which I started.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The problem may be related to a corrupt Nvidia gpu drivers. See this article for the fix: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/pagefaultinnonpagedarea-and-nvlddmkmsys-error-code/31bf2790-b52f-4b79-a093-e2caf17cbb14 .
similarly [Avatar]
[Post New]

To test this, I went back and made a new Powerdirector project, imported the clips and started again from scratch. No BSOD in over an hour. While it may be a problem with drivers, I reinstalled drivers and was still having BSOD errors. This seems to me, more likely, a problem with PD handling a project started on one computer and continued on another.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The reccommended way is to save it as a packed project to be opened on a different pc. You can continue to do it your way. I don't doubt there will be problems as you have found.
similarly [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The reccommended way is to save it as a packed project to be opened on a different pc. You can continue to do it your way. I don't doubt there will be problems as you have found.

I hadn't heard the term "packed project". Thank you for introducing this to me. This will save trouble in the future.
similarly [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think I know now what the problem MAY have been, and why I never had this much trouble before. Today, I downloaded some software and saw in my downloads folder a cyberlink powerdirector installer that was downloaded last week, and I vaguely remember updating my work software to the latest version ... but on my pc at home, I haven't updated yet. This may be a problem not so much about transferring a file between two computers as having a cyberlink powerdirector that was started on one computer that had updated, and finished on one that was not updated. This may be why my computer choked on it.