Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Subtitles underneath FX?
Rootbeer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2020 23:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm using PowerDirector 14.

Hopefully someone can assist.

Is there any way to put the subtitles behind the FX? For example, in the video I'm making I've got the lyrics to a song running across the bottom of the screen using the subtitle feature. The song fades to static, so I've added a static effect to the video, and I want that static to obscure the words, just like it's doing with the video footage.

Thank you in advance.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I'm using PowerDirector 14.

Hopefully someone can assist.

Is there any way to put the subtitles behind the FX? For example, in the video I'm making I've got the lyrics to a song running across the bottom of the screen using the subtitle feature. The song fades to static, so I've added a static effect to the video, and I want that static to obscure the words, just like it's doing with the video footage.

Thank you in advance.

Subtitles always lay on top and are unaffected by video effects. What you could do for that last section is just produce it with the subtitle and then bring in back into your project and replace the last footage. You can then static everything as the subtitles are embedded in the video.

Jeff
Rootbeer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2020 23:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Subtitles always lay on top and are unaffected by video effects. What you could do for that last section is just produce it with the subtitle and then bring in back into your project and replace the last footage. You can then static everything as the subtitles are embedded in the video.

Jeff

Thank you. I'm embarrassed I didn't think of this myself.