Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reinstalling PowerDirector issues
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2009 20:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having all kinds of trouble trying to create a disk with PowerDirector (PD7). PD7 keeps shutting down or stalls when my project is 66% done. From what I've read, it seems like the best place to start is reinstalling PD7. This may be a stupid question, but will I lose my project if I uninstall and then reinstall PowerDirector 7? I've spent a lot of time on this and don't want it to be ruined by making a mistake.

Thanks in advance for your help.

hcw427
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Chris -

The short answer is NO! Your project will be waiting for you when you reinstall.

Make sure you do a COMPLETE uninstall... Instructions: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8043.page

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Tony. I did uninstall it, but am unable to reinstall it.

Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
er - um - Chris???

What is the problem? What happens when you try to reinstall?

Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
I get an error box saying, "The server returned an error response: 403=Forbidden". I thought perhaps their server was down, but I got the same response today. When I try to contact tech support, it keeps telling me that my "code verification" has failed, please input code again". It has become very frustrating!
ynotfish
[Post New]
Chris -

Whatever is causing that error message, I'd make sure I had followed Dafydd's instructions, before attempting a re-install... it's not clear whether you did or not.

Cheers - Tony

I. Reboot PC.

Before carrying out part II please ensure you have ...... Go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab > Select "Show hidden files and folders"

II. Install Microsoft cleanup tool and clean PowerDirector installation information Install Microsoft cleanup tool and execute from "Start\all programs\WindowsInstaller Cleanup" To check if PowerDirector is on product list, If you can see PowerDirector in product list. Select
PowerDirector and click "Remove" button to clean up PowerDirector.
Microsoft cleanup tool: PART P

III. Remove PowerDirector folder and clean up PowerDirector Registry
Please try the following steps.
1. Remove C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector folder
2. Remove C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1} folder
3. Run regedit (Start --> Run --> type "regedit" )
(1) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector
(2) Remove
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}
(3) Remove
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield Uninstall Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}
(4) Remove
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1} [b]
JON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2007 01:04 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
That's a load of hoops to jump through. We use PD for editing video. Now, we find that we need to apply engineering, just to get this to work.