Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
screen recorder 2 does not start recording.
lorenzotbl1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2016 01:33 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
hello
When i start recording it dosen t start the Pc freezes
and i have to do restart.
how i can do?
I have to uninstall and reinstall SR?
How can i do only SR?

Grazie
Lorenzo
JasonL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2020 11:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote hello
When i start recording it dosen t start the Pc freezes
and i have to do restart.
how i can do?
I have to uninstall and reinstall SR?
How can i do only SR?

Grazie
Lorenzo

I also have screen recorder 2. When I click to begin recording the software grays out and the custom window changes colors as if it's recording. However, no recording is ever produced because I can not stop the recording or pause it. The webcam doesn't turn on either. I've added the webcam device in the settings. The only way I can stop it is to open task manager and end task. This is on Windows 10. Also if you open the preview window, then nothing is there. It just doesn't work right down to starting and stopping video. How do I fix this?
JasonL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2020 11:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just figured out that a patch was available. I installed that and now have a preview window. However, I can not click to stop the recording and the hotkeys to pause or stop do not work.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Are you now at v2.1.0.7615? It would help if you could follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread to run the DxDiag test and attach the results here.
Sau Vui [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2020 12:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue, once it starts to record and cannot be stop, need to stop by using task manager, but the video can't be played back, there all corrupted files, tried to get technician support few time but can't help. my SR 2 ver. is 2.1.0.6747
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
331 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2020 12:41

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the DxDiag results. The crashes at the end of the file show that you actually have v2.1.0.7350 installed, which is the latest downloadable patch from Cyberlink. Does your About screen still show 2.1.0.6747?

Do you know if you bought ScreenRecorder separately or if it came bundled with PowerDirector? If it came with PD, what is its full version number?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2020 12:54

Sau Vui [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the DxDiag results. The crashes at the end of the file show that you actually have v2.1.0.7350 installed, which is the latest downloadable patch from Cyberlink. Does your About screen still show 2.1.0.6747?

Do you know if you bought ScreenRecorder separately or if it came bundled with PowerDirector? If it came with PD, what is its full version number?

It came with the bundle Cyberlink Power director and photo director, the screen recorder used to work at the beginning and last for about 2 months then it started the problem same as JasonL.
[Thumb - Screen Recorder After.PNG]
 Filename
Screen Recorder After.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - Annotation 2020-05-30 014419.jpg]
 Filename
Annotation 2020-05-30 014419.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
That's very strange because that isn't the version shown in the 6 most recent DxDiag crashes:

Can you please take a snapshot of PowerDirector's About screen?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Sau Vui [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That's very strange because that isn't the version shown in the 6 most recent DxDiag crashes:

Can you please take a snapshot of PowerDirector's About screen?

I have run one more time DxDiag and the snapshot of PowerDiretor's About screen, hope can resolve this issue soon. i'm really appreciate all your time.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
172 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
209 time(s)
[Thumb - Annotation 2020-05-30 121051.jpg]
 Filename
Annotation 2020-05-30 121051.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
62 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Sau Vui - Your PD17 screenshot show that you are behind on updating to the latest version (patch available).

To access the Screen Recorder screen with the version number, you need to open Screen recorder first. Click on the very top left button and then a window will open giving the screen recorder version number. The screen recorder is updated with a patch that is separate from the PD17 patches.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Sau Vui - Your PD17 screenshot show that you are behind on updating to the latest version (patch available).

To access the Screen Recorder screen with the version number, you need to open Screen recorder first. Click on the very top left button and then a window will open giving the screen recorder version number. The screen recorder is updated with a patch that is separate from the PD17 patches.

This is the PD17 patch tomasc is referring to.

I actually think Screen Recorder will be updated as well because it's the bundled version while the 7350 patch is for the stand-alone version only.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°