Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wave Editor won't save my work
Peter75 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2016 12:39 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
It seems to abort the save when the progress bar is just shy of 50%. I just installed it and it doesn't save. LOL
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
In the past you always posted in the PowerDirector previous version forum. This time you posted in the AudioDirector forum saying that you just installed WaveEditor which should already be with every previous version of PD a long time ago.

If you really installed WaveEditor just now then please explain why you did not install it previously. You may nave to uninstall everything and start over again.

Let us know if you are using WaveEditor inside PD or as a standalone. It can make a difference. File type? save as type???
Peter75 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote In the past you always posted in the PowerDirector previous version forum. This time you posted in the AudioDirector forum saying that you just installed WaveEditor which should already be with every previous version of PD a long time ago.

If you really installed WaveEditor just now then please explain why you did not install it previously. You may nave to uninstall everything and start over again.

Let us know if you are using WaveEditor inside PD or as a standalone. It can make a difference. File type? save as type???

Thank you for my posting history.

I'm actually using what came up on PD16. File/Save Track As. It defaults to mp3 which I accepted.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You've given us almost no information to help understand what might possibly be going on, so tomasc looked into your past posts to try and glean some of the missing details.

If you've had a situation where Wave Editor was previously missing, it's a fair question to ask how you managed to get it installed now, as that may have something to do with why you can't save the audio. Another simple test would be to try saving the same clip as .WAV or any other format.

If that doesn't work, it might help to check and see whether you can successfully edit & save the audio with WE using one of the sample clips that comes with PD, like skateboard.mp4.

The more details and steps you can provide, the greater the chances that we can help you out.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Peter75 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You've given us almost no information to help understand what might possibly be going on, so tomasc looked into your past posts to try and glean some of the missing details.

If you've had a situation where Wave Editor was previously missing, it's a fair question to ask how you managed to get it installed now, as that may have something to do with why you can't save the audio. Another simple test would be to try saving the same clip as .WAV or any other format.

If that doesn't work, it might help to check and see whether you can successfully edit & save the audio with WE using one of the sample clips that comes with PD, like skateboard.mp4.

The more details and steps you can provide, the greater the chances that we can help you out.

Thank you for all the effort you're all making to help me. I really appreciate it.

Not sure what other aspect of this might be relevant, sorry. I'm just simply trying to do a save and it doesn't work, but here it is in finer detail:

In PowerDirector 16, there is s dropdown called Edit Audio. I clicked on that. There is one option: Wave Editor. I clicked on that. I edited the audio. Then I clicked on File, Save Track As, provided a name and location and accepted the mp3 format default. I then clicked the Save button. A progress bar appeared and half way through it vanished. I checked the disk location and noticed that my mp3 file did not save. I have done this a number of times now to different locations. The save never succeeds.

My original claim that I had just installed it was incorrect.
Peter75 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you for all the effort you're all making to help me. I really appreciate it.

Not sure what other aspect of this might be relevant, sorry. I'm just simply trying to do a save and it doesn't work, but here it is in finer detail:

In PowerDirector 16, there is s dropdown called Edit Audio. I clicked on that. There is one option: Wave Editor. I clicked on that. I edited the audio. Then I clicked on File, Save Track As, provided a name and location and accepted the mp3 format default. I then clicked the Save button. A progress bar appeared and half way through it vanished. I checked the disk location and noticed that my mp3 file did not save. I have done this a number of times now to different locations. The save never succeeds.

My original claim that I had just installed it was incorrect.

OK, so wav worked! Thanks! I wish mp3 worked, though, but at least I can get somewhere now. Still interested in any insights about mp3 if anyone has them; other than that, thanks for the help!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad that option worked, and there are plenty of free converter apps that will turn your .wav file into MP3.

If you want to try and figure out why you can't do it directly with WE & PD16, please try using a completely different clip, like the sample skateboard clip and see if that works. If the problem is specific to your original source clips, please upload a short one to Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, etc and post the link to it here so other people can test it on their systems.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°