Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Member Assistance for DZ testing
[Post New]
Hello fellow members,

If you have time, we're trying to get wider confirmation of an issue with downloading multiple PDR effects from DirectorZone. The problem is discussed at length in this thread. There is no problem when effects are downloaded singly.

The issue has been referred to the QA team at CyberLink, but (thus far) they haven't been able to replicate it.

Could you please test this issue on your PC & report back here?

1. Go to DirectorZone & sign in

2. Select any member's page showing their created templates for PowerDirector

3. Click Select & check 2 or 3 effects to download

4. Follow the steps for downloading the .dzl file and installing the templates

5. Check: (a) whether they've been installed in PDR18/365 and (b) whether the templates are stored in the correct Windows folders [C:\Users\Public\CyberLink (in the appropriate sub-folder)]

I would appreciate your time & effort on this.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2020 12:52

PIX YouTube channel
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Had a play:

PDR365 18.0.2204
Selected templates from user Henry - all 16:9 AR:
Titel 5846
Titel 5849
Bw2622
Bw2800
Bw2801

The 1KB installer file downloaded 20200110.dzl

Ran the installer .dzl
Template Installer launches
5 installed/0 not installed

Bw series installed in folder and found by PDR.
Titel series installed in folder and found by PDR.

All seem to function as expected.

========================================

Deleted all downloaded templates via File Explorer
Renamed original 20200110.dzl file
Updated PDR to 2405
========================================

PDR365 18.0.2405
No downloaded templates present

Selected templates from user Henry - all 16:9 AR:
Titel 5846
Titel 5849
Bw2622
Bw2800
Bw2801

The 1KB installer file downloaded 20200110.dzl

Double click .dzl file
Win "How do you want to open this file" dialogue box
Select EffectExtractor
Launches Template Installer
5 installed/0 not installed

Bw series installed in folder and found by PDR.
Titel series installed in folder and found by PDR

All seem to function as expected.

======================================

Same procedure for another 4
Titel 5848
Titel 5846

Pa.Pic1668
Pa.Pic1670

Downloaded 20200110 (1).dzl
Launched Template Installer

All 4 installed and found by PDR.

=======================================

All seems to work normally here??

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello fellow members,

If you have time, we're trying to get wider confirmation of an issue with downloading multiple PDR effects from DirectorZone. The problem is discussed at length in this thread. There is no problem when effects are downloaded singly.

The issue has been referred to the QA team at CyberLink, but (thus far) they haven't been able to replicate it.

Could you please test this issue on your PC & report back here?

1. Go to DirectorZone & sign in

2. Select any member's page showing their created templates for PowerDirector

3. Click Select & check 2 or 3 effects to download

4. Follow the steps for downloading the .dzl file and installing the templates

5. Check: (a) whether they've been installed in PDR18/365 and (b) whether the templates are stored in the correct Windows folders [C:\Users\Public\CyberLink (in the appropriate sub-folder)]

I would appreciate your time & effort on this.

PIX

The original issue was isolated to multiple transitions I thought as it appeared all that responded had an issue with that, I'm not sure just clicking 2 or 3 effects is the right test, is it? Or are you trying to get user issues outside of the multiple transition issue?

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote All seems to work normally here??

Cheers
Adrian

Which browser did you use, and which version of Windows are you running? I have no issues when installing this selection with Edge in Win10:
Titel 5846
Titel 5849
Bw2622
Bw2800
Bw2801

However, as JL_JL mentioned, the issue in the linked thread was found to be consisitent when multiple transitions were selected. With the same setup, I consistently get the x template(s) not installed successfully. message when selecting only transitions.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Thank you Adrian, Jeff and optodata,

In the DZ thread, I must admit I was slightly confused about exactly what the issue was (even though I sought clarification). Your point is correct, Jeff.

optodata, your question about browser choice led me to further testing which showed that, in my particular case, Firefox was the issue. Using Edge & Chrome, .dzl files for PDR install correctly, as Adrian reported.

The issue was, indeed, isolated to transitions & that is still the case. I contend that it also applies to Video Collage templates. Those I've checked here using Edge & Chrome do not install properly.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PIX, I'm not an avid DZ downloader, I was just trying to help the end user. I was just puzzled by this statement,
Quote The issue has been referred to the QA team at CyberLink, but (thus far) they haven't been able to replicate it.
as it appeared easy to replicate, hence my clarification questions.

It appears the user community has already identified multiple "Transitions" and now "Video Collage" fail the test.

I’ll add multiple:
Express Layer Templates
Express Projects
Blending
Overlay
all fail the multiple download test for me as well.

Jeff
[Thumb - DZ_Downloads.PNG]
 Filename
DZ_Downloads.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
93 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello Jeff,

My use of DZ could be similarly described.

I certainly appreciate your clarification question because it clarified the issue for me too! I was, perhaps, less than clear in my communication with CyberLink. I'll rectify that immediately.

Now that I've isolated my browser issue [Firefox frown], and following your observations above, I've continued testing the multiple downloads issue.

I can re-confirm the problem with PDR Transitions & Video Collage templates, & also that Express Project templates, downloaded as .dzl do not install correctly.

With PhotoDirector effects, I have no issues here with multiple downloads of Express Layer or Overlay templates. They install correctly.

Perhaps other interested members could check the template types listed as potential issues & report back.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
I get the attached pic for all the ones I mentioned. I've only used CL DZ Templates for downloading.

Jeff
[Thumb - DZ_ExpressLayer.PNG]
 Filename
DZ_ExpressLayer.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
443 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)