Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Getting a little bit annoyed
Loe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2010 10:27 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I have to be honest about this, I am getting a little bit annoyed as a loyal customer.
Going back as far as PowerDirector versions being in single digits, each time a new version came out I have paid up and upgraded.
many years. Then suddenly Cyberlink introduced the 365 model. Now I have to be clear, I dont like these 365 models so I have been paying the upgrades, downloading the stuff and installing it. Its the way I like to use PowerDirector.
But it now seems that customers like myself have become second rank customers.
repeatedly I see new stuff being made available for free for the 365 customers but we who have been loyal since early days when 365 wasnt there and who still prefer to buy the upgrades outright, dont qualify now for free stuff.
It is beginning to annoy me.
Maybe just me but its getting a bit on my wick !
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
They do not read the forum. Your better to submit a ticket. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
I understand what you mean, but I don't remember PowerDirector really providing new features to the Ultra version in patch updates between versions. So it is not like they changed something. They just started a new business model for people that are willing to subscribe.

I also noticed that in the latest patch for you they did add LUTs, AAC encoding, and support for a few other things. Only missing a couple things we got in the subscription update released at the same time.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81040.page

Anyway...that's my take. Ultra users also can roll back updates a lot easier than subscribers currently. I know a few wish they had that right now.

Ash
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have to be honest about this, I am getting a little bit annoyed as a loyal customer.
Going back as far as PowerDirector versions being in single digits, each time a new version came out I have paid up and upgraded.
many years.

If you paid up and upgraded every year then in the end you have only the latest version of PowerDirector. This would seem that a subscriber for many years would probably paid the same amount and have only the latest version of PowerDirector. End result is the same!!

The benefit of a perpetual version is that you don't have to keep paying for an annual upgrade unless you want to as already explained by others.