Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trial DL of CD- Won't let me import MP4 files!
Spazz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2020 11:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
So... Seriously thinking of buying this to edit my Drone videos from Mavic 2 Pro. I download the trial version and The MP4's I shoot load fine into PD, but when I try to fix/enhance in CD.. I get the 'NOT SUPPORTED' screen.

IF I tryu and load them direct into CD I get the same error msg 'NOT SUPPORTED'

What gives?

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2020 11:30

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So... Seriously thinking of buying this to edit my Drone videos from Mavic 2 Pro. I download the trial version and The MP4's I shoot load fine into PD, but when I try to fix/enhance in CD.. I get the 'NOT SUPPORTED' screen.

IF I tryu and load them direct into CD I get the same error msg 'NOT SUPPORTED'

What gives?

Thanks

More than liking simply fits into these limitations of the trial, https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/colordirector/download_en_US.html "Download Information" tab:

• Importing and producing H.264 video files is only supported on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or hardware platforms offering independent H.264 encoding

• Does not support 2K/4K resolution H.264 video

• Importing and producing H.265 video files is not available

About the only way to "trial" is to purchase and use the 30day guarantee if it does not meet your needs.

Jeff
[Post New]
Hello Spazz,

Welcome to the ColorDirector forum laughing

JL_JL's post perfectly explains the "issue" you're having with the trial version of CDR.

You can be assured that the full version, either perpetual or subscription, has no problem importing & editing .MOV clips from DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Those I've tested are UHD (3.840 x 2.160) in MOV format H.264.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Spazz [Avatar]
[Post New]

More than liking simply fits into these limitations of the trial, https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/colordirector/download_en_US.html "Download Information" tab:

• Importing and producing H.264 video files is only supported on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or hardware platforms offering independent H.264 encoding

• Does not support 2K/4K resolution H.264 video

• Importing and producing H.265 video files is not available

About the only way to "trial" is to purchase and use the 30day guarantee if it does not meet your needs.

Jeff

THANKS TO BOTH you and PIX!

I didn't dig deep enough to find the info you provided to help me out. MUCH APPRECIATED! I will reset some settings in my drone and give it a try to ensure I can starting on editing with CD.

I will report back shortly
Spazz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Spazz,

Welcome to the ColorDirector forum laughing

JL_JL's post perfectly explains the "issue" you're having with the trial version of CDR.

You can be assured that the full version, either perpetual or subscription, has no problem importing & editing .MOV clips from DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Those I've tested are UHD (3.840 x 2.160) in MOV format H.264.

PIX

PIX,

Thank you...,. I changed my MP4 Codec to H.264 and reduced to 1080p/30FPS and it worked....

I tried the 2.7K... and it didn't work.... so... oh well... 1080P it is...

30FPS the 'best' for psot editing or should I jump to 60FPS for more detail?

Thanks