Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 8 64 bit : all of a sudden, program crashes when opening
digital world 916 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2016 20:03 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
was working fine for a couple of years... until a few moments ago. I interrupted its processes and now when I open it.... it only shows the opening banner and then closes. I tried opening it from the file location not the desktop still with no luck.

I tried opening projects and the banner shows and then it closes.. it is not running in the task manager.

please advise on what else to try/do to get my program back.

thank you

Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2019 15:52

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You program is fine, but what likely happened is that your project file (with a .PHD extension) may have become corrupted. The PhotoDirector forum has an extensive list of solutions to most problems already, and in fact two of the most recent posts were from users experiencing the same basic issue as you.

I suggest you look at the one called "Accidental Deletion and Recovery" to start.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
digital world 916 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2016 20:03 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgraded to PhD11.

good products. faster easier fix. PhD 8 is 3 versions old