Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Anyone have issues with the program after the last update?
[Post New]
The program does not work anymore. When I open it it's just a blank screen and I can't click on anything. Some help would be nice
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No problems here. You've been on the forums long enough to know the drill if any CL app doesn't even open: uninstall it using Windows' uninstaller and then reinstall it with the App Manager (assuming you're running the 365 version).

You can also search the PhD forum for threads with .phd to see how to recover/restore your most recent project database file

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote No problems here. You've been on the forums long enough to know the drill if any CL app doesn't even open: uninstall it using Windows' uninstaller and then reinstall it with the App Manager (assuming you're running the 365 version).

You can also search the PhD forum for threads with .phd to see how to recover/restore your most recent project database file

I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and it didn't do anything. https://streamable.com/7pcr9 here is a video demonstrating what happens.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and it didn't do anything. https://streamable.com/7pcr9 here is a video demonstrating what happens.

Ok. If you had mentioned that in your OP, you would have saved both of us time and I would have focused on the 2nd part of my response.

If you don't have anything critical in your editing history (or wouldn't mind simply starting over), then locate and delete the .PHD file and PhotoDirector will create a new one when you lunch it.

If you don't want to lose your previous work, you'll need to find and restore an older .phd version.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 25. 2019 21:35

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]

Ok. If you had mentioned that in your OP, you would have saved both of us time and I would have focused on the 2nd part of my response.

If you don't have anything critical in your editing history (or wouldn't mind simply starting over), then locate and delete the .PHD file and PhotoDirector will create a new one when you lunch it.

If you don't want to lose your previous work, you'll need to find and restore an older .phd version.

Ok I'll try that.
[Post New]
Works now Sweet. I got it to work I think I might have moved the location of the phd project folder so the program wasn't able to find it. Anyway I deleted it and the program made me a new one
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
I have a similar issue. I recently upgraded to W10. PowerDirector seems to work fine but PhotoDirector (9) loads but much of the screen is blank until you mouse over the tools etc. They appear and dissapear after you mouse over. Functions work but then disappear. I can move this to a new thread but I was curious if this may be related. I did update to the latest patch. ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,