Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Newbie needs help with video image size
kraweka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2019 16:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm new to PowerDirector, and I've just tried to produce my first video - which is a photo montage - as a test. For some reason, when I render the video, the vertical (landscape-oriented) photos display much larger (about twice the size) than the horizontal (portrait-oriented) photos. I've tried to search for a solution to this issue, but I coudn't find any information about this on either Cyberlink's site or on the web. Any way to enlarge the display of the horitzontal pictures so it isn't just a fraction of the total screen size?

Thanks so much!!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Attach a screenshot of your edit screen. Did you just create a slide show or did you manually add the photos?
kraweka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2019 16:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James,

Thanks so much for your quick response. I had added each photo separately to create my own slideshow exactly how I wanted it. Attached is a screenshot of the Edit screen where I did my work. Appreciate any thougths you may have to get the horizontal photos to show larger. Thanks!
[Thumb - Powerdirector Edit screen.JPG]
 Filename
Powerdirector Edit screen.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
199 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
What you're describing is the natural outcome of placing a vertically oriented pic in the same available space as a horizontal pic. In other words, it has to be reduced in size to fit. If you want the vertical pics to fill (more of) the horizontal space, you'll have to zoom in, which will necessarily cut off some the height. PD won't do that automatically, but you can easily do it.

Double clicking on each vertical clip will bring up the PiP Designer, and there you can drag and zoom the clip to center to most relevant content. There are many, many tutorials on YouTube and in the CL Learning Center for basic editing steps like this.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°