Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 18 error burning BD iso image
Leeds [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2018 03:49 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I made one BD iso image that was succsesful. Later I made som changes on my timeline and now I get Burning unsuccsessfull every time Error code : eE0140016 (E0140016)

This is HD material and every clip has Color Director 8 adjustments, the whole process takes almost 16 hours to complete on my Ryzen 8 core pc. My timeline is 1 hour 12 minute long. Tried to delete all files in settings in Powerdirector but nothing helped.

In Pinnacle Studio you got excact location on the timeline where trouble was, can you pinpoint this from my error message? eE0140016

Sincerly

Arne

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 23. 2019 03:06

Leeds [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I made one BD iso image that was succsesful. Later I made som changes on my timeline and now I get Burning unsuccsessfull every time Error code : eE0140016 (E0140016)

This is HD material and every clip has Color Director 8 adjustments, the whole process takes almost 16 hours to complete on my Ryzen 8 core pc. My timeline is 1 hour 12 minute long. Tried to delete all files in settings in Powerdirector but nothing helped.

In Pinnacle Studio you got excact location on the timeline where trouble was, can you pinpoint this from my error message? eE0140016

Sincerly

Arne

Made a mp4 file from the entire timeline and started a new project with this mp4 file, added chapters and BD menu. Still not able to make a ISO image.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
See this 9 year old post for the error code: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14629.page . I would set the Blu-ray disc size from 25 GB to 50 GB to bypass the error entirely if this was the case. The created BD folder or imkage size would be the same. I prefer creating a folder over creating the image.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 25. 2019 20:51

Leeds [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote See this 9 year old post for the error code: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14629.page . I would set the Blu-ray disc size from 25 GB to 50 GB to bypass the error entirely if this was the case. The created BD folder or imkage size would be the same. I prefer creating a folder over creating the image.

Is there a overview of the error codes? my burning error eEB191D81 is not on "Google"

Now i cut the end by 20 min without luck, neither the start, changed to 50Gb disks still no luck. It stops at 96% and one sec left when the burning error eEB191D81 appears.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
You did not post this information earlier. All you have to do is to check create a folder and not create an image. 99% complete is all done. This worked in the past. Use imgburn or windows itself to burn that created folder to a blank disc.
Leeds [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You did not post this information earlier. All you have to do is to check create a folder and not create an image. 99% complete is all done. This worked in the past. Use imgburn or windows itself to burn that created folder to a blank disc.

The folder burning was also unsuccsessfull. I even uninstalled and installed again with latest patche.

Opening STREAM folder and its empty every time in ISO and folder burning. Now I have a new burning to a differend harddrive, not optimistic.

Evenen a small project with 7 files and a menu failes.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Since you have already produced the file first, it would be best to contact Cyberlink support and create a support ticket. Explain the situation to them. Maybe a user here can suggest a possible fix.
Leeds [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Since you have already produced the file first, it would be best to contact Cyberlink support and create a support ticket. Explain the situation to them. Maybe a user here can suggest a possible fix.

SOLVED

Very strange error, burning an iso file on a different harddrive is successfull.

Burning to the problem harddrive but on another folder is successfull.

Burning to the folder BD 2018 becomes unsuccsessfull every time. Must be a Windows issue cause I get no error sectors when the drive is tested. Deleted and made a new 2018 folder but same problem.

Merry X mas
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
See this FAQ for Hard Disc Space required on the destination disc for Blu-ray: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=14950 . None has been listed for PD18 but I know that there must be enough space for the temp files and folders on the destination disk drive for this to work. ColorDirector may have added to the amount of temp files created causing this issue. Glad that you got it working.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2019 20:57

Leeds [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote See this FAQ for Hard Disc Space required on the destination disc for Blu-ray: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=14950 . None has been listed for PD18 but I know that there must be enough space for the temp files and folders on the destination disk drive for this to work. ColorDirector may have added to the amount of temp files created causing this issue. Glad that you got it working.

Thanks.
I have 360 GB free space, and besides the image was created successfully outside the BD 2018 folder on the same problem harddrive, strange but now the annual BD was burned and Mums happy
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks.
I have 360 GB free space, and besides the image was created successfully outside the BD 2018 folder on the same problem harddrive, strange but now the annual BD was burned and Mums happy
May be Powerdirector does not like the folder name, try creating that folder within Powerdirector. Also try no space between BD and 2018.

Default name for Disk folder creation is My Video. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

PDWhite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2020 12:42 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I am having this same problem. However, I am running a freshly installed PowerDirector 19 on a new (powerful) system with a fresh install of Windows 10/64. I- set this up on the new system a week ago, and it was creating ISO files with no problems whatever.

Two days ago, I attempted to create another ISO and got the E0140016 error. I even tried to use a project that had burned correctly only a few days before and got the same error message. I tried turning hardware accleleration on and off, but that made no difference. It certainly could not be a disk space problem, either.

I was very puzzled over what the cause might be, but couldn't find anything obvious that could cause this problem. So I took a day and a half and did a complete reinstall of W10. I reinstalled PowerDirector 19 and BANG!, I got the same darned problem.

If anyone has seen this problem, or has any suggestions, please reply.

Thanks! (and Happy New Year)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am having this same problem. However, I am running a freshly installed PowerDirector 19 on a new (powerful) system with a fresh install of Windows 10/64. I- set this up on the new system a week ago, and it was creating ISO files with no problems whatever.

Two days ago, I attempted to create another ISO and got the E0140016 error. I even tried to use a project that had burned correctly only a few days before and got the same error message. I tried turning hardware accleleration on and off, but that made no difference. It certainly could not be a disk space problem, either.

I was very puzzled over what the cause might be, but couldn't find anything obvious that could cause this problem. So I took a day and a half and did a complete reinstall of W10. I reinstalled PowerDirector 19 and BANG!, I got the same darned problem.

If anyone has seen this problem, or has any suggestions, please reply.

Thanks! (and Happy New Year)

If it was working prior, more than like you might be using DTS audio which broke ~EOY. Several threads on it like, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/44583.page#post_box_348221

Simply try a different audio format, LPCM.

Jeff
PDWhite [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2020 12:42 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]

If it was working prior, more than like you might be using DTS audio which broke ~EOY. Several threads on it like, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/44583.page#post_box_348221

Simply try a different audio format, LPCM.

Jeff

Jeff,

I hadn't tried LPCM. I'm into 5.1. Unfortunately, the Blu-ray creation parameters only permit Dolby and not AC3 for some reason.

The fact that it might be a DTS problem did occur to me, but since I had just installed the (Gigabyte) DTS driver, I looked right past it.

Thanks for the reply. - I'm going to invertigate the thread you provided and see/hope that it is relevant; more importantly if it is resolved...