Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help ,,Pack Project Materials''
Cat.Man
Senior Member Location: Romania Joined: Jul 29, 2009 01:09 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I hope i have understand:i make one project.Next use option:Export>Pack Project Materials.But in another day i have add more effect,image,clips,etc to project.How i make add only stuff(effect,image,particle,etc)??? If use Export>Pack Project,than i see if in folder create ,,Pack Project" appear if twice or three time or four time as were one time in project initials.Than must i erase in folder ,,Pack Project" is twice or three or four time...
If save with ,,Save as..." than if erase some in ,,Sample clips"(C:\Program files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\Sample Clips),than not work Project because missing files erase.
Maybe understand someone and help or sugestion.
Thank's.
Add image whit Pack Project for example.
How make not appear twice,three,four ...time in folder Pack Project effect,image...?
 Filename
Untitled1.rar
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
361 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 20. 2009 13:35

God is my only Master and my family is my only treasure!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Pack to a new location. Is that what you wanted to know?

Suggestion:
1. Gather your project material to ONE location.
2. Save projects as you go along and
3. Export >Pack Project, only when you need to save the final project for storage.

Dafydd
Cat.Man
Senior Member Location: Romania Joined: Jul 29, 2009 01:09 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
Yes Dafydd,is that what i know.Thank's again.
I understand perfect how make.
I use first time Export>Pack Project , instead of use Save Project as...
So,when begin one project,save every time whit Save Project as,then as Project is finish use Export>Pack Project.I understand good ?

Thanks a lot Dafydd. God is my only Master and my family is my only treasure!
Cat.Man
[Post New]
Sorry off topic, .I have a question,please:what are the stars under the name? And why some are yellow?
Thanks. God is my only Master and my family is my only treasure!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Kelokata -

I'm not sure what the stars really mean... they might mean that if you are nice to the other editors and don't growl at them, you might get one. If you're a very good tiger and don't bite other editors you might get two. If you help them with their PD issues and earn their respect, you might get 3 or 4 or more.

The stars on the other side mean that someone thinks you're a very clever tiger (or not).

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2009 05:07

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cat.Man
[Post New]
Ahha!!! I understand Tony. Thanks.
I will try to be a ,,tiger" good (as you said actually )
And I hope not to upset anyone of the forum,because I am here to learn about PD8 and everything means Cyberlink.
I try to help others and I,but,maybe will go hard because my English language is rudimentary.
Thanks for help,you really help for me. God is my only Master and my family is my only treasure!
glynd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2009 07:50 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I have a project with titles, PiPs, etc and I tried export>pack without success. It packs the videos but not the titles, PiPs.
Should this take everything in a project and make it available to a PowerDirector on another computer without having to upload to the Internet?
We don't have the bandwidth here in South Africa and in any case, I don't want to share this with the world.
Would appreciate help in getting this done.
PowerDirector 8 and Windows 7

BTW, how do you gather all the components into one place. PD seems to spread stuff all around the disk and with Windows 7 having virtual directories and different names for "familiar' Directories, it becomes difficult to find everthing.

TIA
Glyn
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Glyn -

Whenever I have use the Export > Pack Project option, PD has created a separate folder containing the pds file and copies of all project materials. Did you first save the project, then pack?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
glynd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2009 07:50 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the quick one!

I was importing the directory rather than opening the pds. When I do, everything is in the time line, but I want to be able use the titles and PiPs etc in another project but none of them are in the library. Is there a way of doing this?

The other thing missing is the menu. I know that this is not part of the video but is there a way of exporting/importing the menu?

TIA
Glyn
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Glynd,

You can save your own titles. and PiP objects (containing no video) as well as particles and menus.

However, they will only be available to the PD on that system because they are saved in a specific location.

You can copy those saved items as well and paste them into the new system in the appropriate location.

In my XP they are in

D:\Documents and Settings\Adrian\My Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\8.0

and
D:\Documents and Settings\Adrian\My Documents\CyberLink\Custom Menus\3.0

Don't know on windows 7 tho'

Others will know I'm sure.

Cheers
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2009 14:41

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.