Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Titles and text rotation
wmike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2019 09:11 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I am playing with the title creator and am struggling to get an effect. I, simply, want a text title (single word) to rotate 90degrees counter-clockwise but then stay visible. All of the effects I have tried, go through what they are meant to do and then disappear.

A good starting point would be how to get the text to rotate in the first place.

Any suggestions anyone, please.

Cheers,

Mike
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
In "Title Designer" select the green dot at the top of the text box, you can use this to rotate the text box. You can also do the same in the preview window by selecting the text there when your title is highlighted in the timeline. The same green control dot will appear that allows you to rotate the text box.

Jeff
wmike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2019 09:11 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In "Title Designer" select the green dot at the top of the text box, you can use this to rotate the text box. You can also do the same in the preview window by selecting the text there when your title is highlighted in the timeline. The same green control dot will appear that allows you to rotate the text box.

Jeff

Thanks for that Jeff. I wasn't clear. I understand simple text manipulation. The question is - on the timeline I want the text to start of horizontally and then finish a few seconds later vertically. There is an effect included that does that but, the text then disappears completely. I want the text to remain visible after it has transformed in the timeline.

Cheers,

Mike

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2019 13:30

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
One way is to use keyframes:
Drag default title to timeline, adjust for total duration you want the title displayed
In the Title Designer go to Object Settings
Define a keyframe at time 0, set rotation to 0
Define a keyframe at say 2 seconds, set rotation to -90 since you wanted counterclockwise rotation

Text will rotate from horizontal to -90 degrees in the 2 seconds and stay for the title duration.

Jeff