Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 19 on new AMD system plays left-half 2019 movie in green with tiny PIP in full color
Marc57 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Washington state Joined: May 16, 2008 03:14 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Today I installed Power DVD 19 purchased on November 20 for my new AMD system and the first movie (Alita Battle Angel) displays what appears to be only the left half of the picture in what looks like an entirely green pixilated picture except with a tiny PIP insert of full color down in lower right of my screen and that lovely color PIP is about one inch high by three to four inches in width, but the green left-half of the movie picture itself is centered on my 34" ultrawide monitor. Hard to explain, but very bizarre, and impossible to watch for any length of time! Technology is great when it works!

I think I saw a message that said 3D Now Technology was not recognized by PowerDVD 19. Power DVD 18 worked fine with the same monitor connected to my old AMD computer!

New AMD system:
OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Version 1903
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 32GB RAM
GPU AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB

Obviously, some setting is causing a horrible viewing experience. AMD's 3D Now technology has been around for years as I recall so one would think that Power DVD 19 would work perfectly with it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
I vaguely remember that this new AMD GPU has some compatibility issues with powerdvd.

Try turning TrueTheater video options off, and then check the playback.
Marc57 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Washington state Joined: May 16, 2008 03:14 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I vaguely remember that this new AMD GPU has some compatibility issues with powerdvd.

Try turning TrueTheater video options off, and then check the playback.

QC2.0

Thank you! In Advanced Enhancement tab I tried first turning off just TruTheater HDR because that flagged as unavailable because my monitor doesn't support HDR, that didn't do it. Then I turned off the other items one at a time: TruTheater HD, TruTheater Lighting, and TruTheater Color, no joy. But then I finally tried just turning off the parent control for these named "children" and that did the trick! This makes me very happy!

Next stop, try to eventually find a larger monitor than my 34" LG Ultrawide 3440 x 1440 at 21:9 that also has FreeSync and HDR!

Thank you again!