Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD player will not play burned disc
Kasper1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2019 21:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Power2Go 12 says it has burned my movie but my DVD player says the disc is not formatted and will not play it - any suggestions as to why and how to do it welcomed
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
maybe your DVD player has bad compability with your DVD writable disc.
Did you use same DVD writable disc on this DVD player before?

my DVD video disc burnt by power2go play well on my DVD player, btw, I use SONY DVD-R discs, silver cover version.
Kasper1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2019 21:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote maybe your DVD player has bad compability with your DVD writable disc.
Did you use same DVD writable disc on this DVD player before?

my DVD video disc burnt by power2go play well on my DVD player, btw, I use SONY DVD-R discs, silver cover version.

I am using Verbatim DVD-RW at the moment (because I wasted heaps of R discs trying to get it to work). These have always worked when I used Moviemaker software. What type of file are you burning eg .mov/MP4/wmv. I have created the files via moviemaker as MP4's and have tried converting them to .dvd & .mov but it still will not play on the DVD player.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Kasper1 - Try this: Make a note of the time WMM takes to burn a disc. I find that Windows burns an authored folder at the slowest and at the slower speeds for different types of disc. Write down those times and compare it to the times of how long it takes to burn the same type and brand of disc using whatever software you desire to use. This may give you a clue on what to try next. Your standalone player may not be the greatest.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]

I am using Verbatim DVD-RW at the moment (because I wasted heaps of R discs trying to get it to work). These have always worked when I used Moviemaker software. What type of file are you burning eg .mov/MP4/wmv. I have created the files via moviemaker as MP4's and have tried converting them to .dvd & .mov but it still will not play on the DVD player.

I burn as DVD video, I didn't try just burn video files onto DVD disc because my old SONY DVD player doesn't play files, it only plays DVD video.