Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shrinking to fit
HookeyLukey69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2016 07:53 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I was considering purchasing the latest version of Power2Go.

Does anyone know if it can perform like the old freeware program DVDShrink which was able to compresss feature-length footage onto a standard 4.7gb DVD with no loss of quality?

Or does anyone know of a Cyberlink product which can do this? Before anyone advises me to just use DVDShrink, support for it stopped some time ago and it doesn't seem to like my current Windows 7 64bit machine (worked okay with Win7 32bit previuosly).

Also, I really like Cyberlink products! They are easy to use yet powerful and work well together. I'd be over-the-moon if they have such a product or would develop one as it would help with my longer video projects!

Luke
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Luke,

As I know cyberlink "power dvd copy" can support the feature you want, however I also know cyberlink didn't update it for a long time so I'm sure "power dvd copy" can work on your bit win7 or not.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I was considering purchasing the latest version of Power2Go.

Does anyone know if it can perform like the old freeware program DVDShrink which was able to compresss feature-length footage onto a standard 4.7gb DVD with no loss of quality?

Or does anyone know of a Cyberlink product which can do this? Before anyone advises me to just use DVDShrink, support for it stopped some time ago and it doesn't seem to like my current Windows 7 64bit machine (worked okay with Win7 32bit previuosly).

Also, I really like Cyberlink products! They are easy to use yet powerful and work well together. I'd be over-the-moon if they have such a product or would develop one as it would help with my longer video projects!

Luke

Power2Go does have a feature called SmartFit that will shrink video to fit on a DVD with the best possible quality. Just note though that the best quality a DVD can deliver is 480p, so if you are using HD footage, it will not be as good a quality on a DVD.

Maybe check out Power2Go 13 Essentials and see if it fits you needs. You can find it at the below link under the "Burn & Backup" heading:

https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/index_en_US.html

Dave
HookeyLukey69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2016 07:53 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you both for your answers. If the trial download has full features, I will download and give it a whirl before deciding whether to buy and maybe look for a copy of the old software online too!

THANKS again!
Michael Stehly 1938 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2015 13:02 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you both for your answers. If the trial download has full features, I will download and give it a whirl before deciding whether to buy and maybe look for a copy of the old software online too!

THANKS again!

Use the free program HandBrake to reduce the file size, If there is any quality loss it will not noticed by the viewers.