Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Frustrations with PowerDirector 13
LesK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 11, 2019 09:08 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
This progam seems to have a mind of its own & does things for no apparent reason. I had problems with it on my older computer (maybe 3 years old), so I bought a new one solely to use for my videos. It is loaded with Windows 10. However, I am still experiencing the same numerous problems.
In the text mode I choose to create my own in 2D. When I use a comma, I get an e with an accent over it instead. When I type quotation marks, I get a capital E with the accent over it. (Yes, I went into properties to be sure the language is still English).
Sometimes when I create a text then try to add it to the timeline, I get a message saying "The imported template aspect ratio is 4.3 while your project is 16.9." I did NOT change my ratio. This is not consistent either.
Often ALL the buttons for the program simply disappear. I can make them return again by dragging the cursor over where the buttons are supposed to be. No idea why this would happen.
If I start to edit a clip (eg clip 00001) it plays through the clip part way showing a very jerky movie, then suddenly the cursor will jump ahead to about clip 00015 while at the same time showing me only a still from clip 00001. Meanwhile, the sound continues to be heard from clip 00001 even though the picture never moves.
Sometimes, all I get is a totally green screen instead of any picture.
This is a new computer. There is nothing else on it to create any "distractions". Go ahead, ask me if I'm pissed. This program seems to have more bugs than a Louisiana swamp. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions???
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You posted in the PowerDVD forum instead of the PowerDirector forum. You can PM the moderator to move this post to the correct forum or just post again in the correct forum so that PD13 users will be able to read your post.

Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50105.page and supply the DxDiag.txt and a screenshot showing the exact version of PD13 you have, like the deluxe, ultra, oem, etc. You can attach these on your next reply. Users can then view this information and suggest what may need to be done.
LesK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You posted in the PowerDVD forum instead of the PowerDirector forum. You can PM the moderator to move this post to the correct forum or just post again in the correct forum so that PD13 users will be able to read your post.

Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50105.page and supply the DxDiag.txt and a screenshot showing the exact version of PD13 you have, like the deluxe, ultra, oem, etc. You can attach these on your next reply. Users can then view this information and suggest what may need to be done.

Thanks Tom.
LesK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Actually I'm kind of confused by what you're saying. I posted under "Forum Index> PowerDirector (previous versions) and I AM trying to make a DVD. What other forum should I be posting in?
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
make sure to download the patch, update the PD13 after install and QuickTime.
if you're installing from QT website then after install, uninstall only 'software update' for security problems.
you only need Apple Application Support and QT codec. or install QT lite.

also install k-lite codec basic is all you need and for a good measure.

Quote ... Sometimes, all I get is a totally green screen instead of any picture. ...???

green or black Preview screen you can modify the Renderer 7 to 9 or 9 to 7 in the registry or Tomasc recommends just disable the Hardware Acceleration for decoding and or encoding all together...

for DvD, too. disable HA.
and use simple menu system that works with your DvD players.

i have two languages that i use and careful not to bump ALT key.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 19. 2019 01:38

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Often ALL the buttons for the program simply disappear. I can make them return again by dragging the cursor over where the buttons are supposed to be. No idea why this would happen

I frequently have this happen too. I'd also like to know if there's any explanation for it but I guess it's something we just have to live with.

Edit: For some reason the website didn't attach my signature even though it's still set to do so in my profile, so here it is:

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Gigabyte GA-P61_USB3-B3, Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, Powerdirector Ultra 64 9.0.0.2330 and Ultimate 64 13.0.2

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2019 05:12