Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Extremely loud sounds on preview rendered portions
whyisthenameSaltyillegal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 18, 2019 13:54 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I'm writing about a problem I'm having for a while now.

When I pre-render a project I get a loud sound for some reason.
It happens in every project that has a lot of stuff inside.

I have recorded the problem here (This also includes )VVV

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IzyuzgtQ2K1DHHuwrvobydbu0tP-ozz6?usp=sharing

GPU: NVIDIA GEForce GTX 1050
(I use a laptop with dual gpu)

I hope I provided enough information.

Bye!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This sounds exactly like the issue I had here, and the workaround is to change the project's Audio channels setting from 5.1 Surround to Stereo:

This issue should be fixed in the next patch.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like the feedback from the speakers to an open mike. Would this still happen if you exit the obs app and unplug the microphone before doing the pre-render...
[Post New]
Quote It sounds like the feedback from the speakers to an open mike. Would this still happen if you exit the obs app and unplug the microphone before doing the pre-render...

I recorded this video because of the problem, so no.

Quote This sounds exactly like the issue I had here, and the workaround is to change the project's Audio channels setting from 5.1 Surround to Stereo:

This issue should be fixed in the next patch.

Unfortunately, my projects audio channel setting is already on stereo and I'm still jumping up to my chair because of the loud sound.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
No one has reported your exact problem in any version of PowerDirector that I can remember. It may be possible that the sound chip or a hardware component may be going bad like on your motherboard if you have integrated audio. Try updating the audio driver. Cyberlink support is another avenue that you may wish to persue.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Unfortunately, my projects audio channel setting is already on stereo and I'm still jumping up to my chair because of the loud sound.

What happens if you move that clip somewhere else on the timeline and play it back? If the problem follows the clip, it would help if you uploaded it to a cloud folder and posted the link so other people can check it on their systems.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

[Post New]

What happens if you move that clip somewhere else on the timeline and play it back? If the problem follows the clip, it would help if you uploaded it to a cloud folder and posted the link so other people can check it on their systems.

https://imgur.com/a/Z14Al0J

I did what you said, but now I bluescreened the laptop.
I don't understand why this program would be so heavy for the computer?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 09. 2019 03:52

[Post New]
Quote No one has reported your exact problem in any version of PowerDirector that I can remember. It may be possible that the sound chip or a hardware component may be going bad like on your motherboard if you have integrated audio. Try updating the audio driver. Cyberlink support is another avenue that you may wish to persue.

Even with the newest audio driver the problem still presists.
I'm already talking to the support team, I'll fill you in on that.

Adding: the loud sound also translates to the exported product.
https://youtu.be/PtJu1vlOvZo
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I did what you said, but now I bluescreened the laptop.
I don't understand why this program would be so heavy for the computer?

These are two different things. First, video editing is one of the most stressful things you can do to a computer, short of continuously calculating prime numbers.

Even so, there's nothing about running PD, and certainly not in moving a clip on the timeline, that should ever cause a blue screen. That almost certainly points to a bad driver, a corrupt app or OS installation, or an incorrect configuration somewhere.

If you want additional help from fellow users in addition to tech support, please post the DxDiag here (that will show your updated audio drivers) along with a link to the problematic clip.

You can also try uninstalling PD17 and reinstalling it, and then follow the steps in this post to run the two commands in bold. Those commands will test the integrity of Windows and can and repair many system-level issues.

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]

These are two different things. First, video editing is one of the most stressful things you can do to a computer, short of continuously calculating prime numbers.

Even so, there's nothing about running PD, and certainly not in moving a clip on the timeline, that should ever cause a blue screen. That almost certainly points to a bad driver, a corrupt app or OS installation, or an incorrect configuration somewhere.

If you want additional help from fellow users in addition to tech support, please post the DxDiag here (that will show your updated audio drivers) along with a link to the problematic clip.

You can also try uninstalling PD17 and reinstalling it, and then follow the steps in this post to run the two commands in bold. Those commands will test the integrity of Windows and can and repair many system-level issues.

After a long hassle and my masks being deleted I reinstalled pd. but allas the problem still remains. This issue is pretty much has taking a toll on me tbh.

I followed this post a while back: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80/46836.page
I attached the dxdiag.
 Filename
rgjkkndvhjzfdbvezrldjkvberlkjvb fdjkbdf n;jjfgn bxlibknl.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
101 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
278 time(s)
[Post New]

After a long hassle and my masks being deleted I reinstalled pd. but allas the problem still remains. This issue is pretty much has taking a toll on me tbh.

I followed this post a while back: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80/46836.page
I attached the dxdiag.

Ok, I found something that might help you ou

Strangely, the nonredered section uses GPU 1 (Geforce GTX 1050), but the rendered section uses the GPU 0 (UHD Graphics 630).
The repair scan that you have suggested has not worked.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Ok, I found something that might help you ou

Strangely, the nonredered section uses GPU 1 (Geforce GTX 1050), but the rendered section uses the GPU 0 (UHD Graphics 630).
The repair scan that you have suggested has not worked.

That is normal that your laptop renders with the Intel Integrated graphics with the optimus technology.

You have not supplied a link to the problematic clip that optodata requested yet. We can then test it on our system.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote The repair scan that you have suggested has not worked.

Can you be more specific? Did one or both scans find errors but were not able to repair them? Or are you saying that they did find and repair some things, but your original audio problem still remains? Your blue screen problems won't go away until the underlying issues with your laptop are addressed.

Also, both your Intel and nVidia video drivers are several months (and several revisions) out of date, and they should be updated as well.

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]

Can you be more specific? Did one or both scans find errors but were not able to repair them? Or are you saying that they did find and repair some things, but your original audio problem still remains? Your blue screen problems won't go away until the underlying issues with your laptop are addressed.

Also, both your Intel and nVidia video drivers are several months (and several revisions) out of date, and they should be updated as well.

The first scan did repair some things, second scan didn't, problem after repair scan still presists.
[Post New]

That is normal that your laptop renders with the Intel Integrated graphics with the optimus technology.

You have not supplied a link to the problematic clip that optodata requested yet. We can then test it on our system.

New info. It only happens when pre-rendering any given clip, but is not limited to only the rendered portion (it also happens around pre-rendered clip)
optodata
[Post New]
Quote New info. It only happens when pre-rendering any given clip, but is not limited to only the rendered portion (it also happens around pre-rendered clip)

That's almost certainly the answer.

In my experience, pre-rendering any section of a project causes more headaches than it ever solves, since PD always keeps the rendered copy and will switch to it during previewing, often when you've made other edits that removes the pre-rendered color bar indicator.

Under the Settings menu, use the Manually Delete button and select all temporary clips, delete them, and then create a new project and exit PD. This will ensure that none of your current projects will be in use when you restart PD. Now launch PD again, and make sure that there are no more temp files, then reopen your project, and the problem should be gone.

In the future, I suggest using Range Produce to premanently create finished version of any sections that are slow to preview, and then replace the relevant timeline content with the produced clip.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 13. 2019 18:04

YouTube/optodata

[Post New]

That's almost certainly the answer.

In my experience, pre-rendering any section of a project causes more headaches than it ever solves, since PD always keeps the rendered copy and will switch to it during previewing, often when you've made other edits that removes the pre-rendered color bar indicator.

Under the Settings menu, use the Manually Delete button and select all temporary clips, delete them, and then create a new project and exit PD. This will ensure that none of your current projects will be in use when you restart PD. Now launch PD again, and make sure that there are no more temp files, then reopen your project, and the problem should be gone.

In the future, I suggest using Range Produce to premanently create finished version of any sections that are slow to preview, and then replace the relevant timeline content with the produced clip.

The issue has been resolved now, but I am still breaking my head over why it does that.
I never had the issue in my other editing program (Filmora) and I did some intense editing on that too.
optodata
[Post New]
I'm very happy to hear that you resolved the issue, but please don't break your head over this.

As frustrating as this is for us end users, it's simply poor cache management by PD, and it's unlikely that it will be properly addressed. The best way to avoid these headaches is to follow the suggested workflow in my last post, so that PD will never have to decide whether to use the timeline content or a cached version.

YouTube/optodata