Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Auto-Resume setting not working
EltonLG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2019 23:08 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

My problem is, whatever option I choose at the Auto-Resume setting, it doesn't work. The Blu-ray will always resume from where it stopped.

I'd like to set this to "Prompt Before Playback Resumes", but PowerDVD never shows the dialog asking to resume or not.

Thanks for any help on this!

Elton
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
It is not supported for BD playback, an issue we have been discussing here for years. Apparently, it is a trade off for faster disc loading times, which more users want.

Quote from the help:

"The Auto-Resume setting section lets you set the behavior of CyberLink PowerDVD when you play a DVD disc or video file (in the movie/TV show library) you viewed previously"

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 06. 2019 19:26

EltonLG [Avatar]
[Post New]
I see...

But the blu-rays always resume playback, never start from the beggining. Is this the normal behavior?

Quote It is not supported for BD playback, an issue we have been discussing here for years. Apparently, it is a trade off for faster dic loading times, which more users want.

Quote from the help:

"The Auto-Resume setting section lets you set the behavior of CyberLink PowerDVD when you play a DVD disc or video file (in the movie/TV show library) you viewed previously"

Dave
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
That's old story that powerdvd does not support the resume function in the player natively when playing Blu-ray movies, but most of Blu-ray movie discs have their programmed "resume" features using the interactive movie menu.
You may select to restart the movie playback on the pop up movie menu.

If your Blu-ray movies always start playing at the last played scene, it is the design made by the movie studios.

You can consider the resume feature a sub program on the disc that coded by movie engineers
EltonLG [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh, now I finally understand!

Thank you so very much, sir!

Quote That's old story that powerdvd does not support the resume function in the player natively when playing Blu-ray movies, but most of Blu-ray movie discs have their programmed "resume" features using the interactive movie menu.
You may select to restart the movie playback on the pop up movie menu.

If your Blu-ray movies always start playing at the last played scene, it is the design made by the movie studios.

You can consider the resume feature a sub program on the disc that coded by movie engineers