Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't expand Motion Tracking Pane in Power Director 16.
SkyWingNZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2018 05:43 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all. Power Director 16 Motion Tracking.

Whenever I click on any video clip, click Tools, Motion Tracker.... The left pane that should have 3 options in Step 3, only shows 2 option links. There is suppose to be a 3rd option but the pane which these all are on, is sooooooo narrow. How do I expand this pane? Have tried everything! From maximizing and minizing the window. When you open up Motion Tracker, it always opens up in a seperate window. And the left pane to the Motion Tracker window as detailed above is narrow.

I want to be able to add blur or mosaic sensor blur again but can't until I can get Power Director 16 to work properly again.

I have tried Power Director 17 paid version but got that refunded.

PLEASE WATCH this video that explains my problem visually: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlUkSULxGaw

Any help which solves the solution prompt would be awesome.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2019 20:51

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Newer versions of PD only have two options, but I no longer have PD16 so I can't check. This is what PD18 looks like:

Can you take a screenshot showing the narrow pane and attach it here so we can see what you're describing? Use the Attachments button below the forum text box:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2019 20:53

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
SkyWingNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Newer versions of PD only have two options, but I no longer have PD16 so I can't check.

Can you take a screenshot showing the narrow pane and attach it here so we can see what you're describing? Use the Attachments button below the forum text box:

I edited my first post. In it (in this thread) it shows a link which gives you a visual description of my problem. There's normally a 3 link in Step 3 but the pane is so narrow which isn't normal. Tell me how to expand it and I'll be a happy butterfly, cause the 3rd link lets me add mosiac and censor blur to my videos to blur out content I don't want shown in my videos (eg number plates, personal info on a receipt, etc).
SkyWingNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
There should be an FX link option in Step 3. But since the pane/colum is too narrow, it won't display the FX option, which lets you censor out things in your videos. This feature IS available in PD16.

Link to my video visual explaining problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlUkSULxGaw

Link to how to censor out stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlUkSULxGaw (skip to 3:10)

Without the FX option, I can't censor out things like personal info on a receipt or number plates.

Is there a way to expand this colum back to normal? Please read or my posts in this threa before answering. Thanks heaps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2019 21:16

AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There should be an FX link option in Step 3. But since the pane/colum is too narrow, it won't display the FX option, which lets you censor out things in your videos. This feature IS available in PD16.

Link to my video visual explaining problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlUkSULxGaw

Link to how to censor out stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlUkSULxGaw (skip to 3:10)

Without the FX option, I can't censor out things like personal info on a receipt or number plates.

Is there a way to expand this colum back to normal? Please read or my posts in this threa before answering. Thanks heaps.

First of all, the links you shared above are to the same video.

Second, I have PDR 16 still installed and I don't have the same issue. I get all three options and the text is readable.

I noticed when you click on the Tools button, that the text in the drop down is larger than normal. This leads me to believe that you have enabled enlarged font or high DPI enabled. Is that correct? I enabled both on my PC, saw similar text in the tools menu, but I still get the normal motion tracker UI, i.e. no truncation and all three buttons.

I'd suggest updating you GPU drivers first. And if that doesn't work share you DXDiag file here and maybe one of us users will spot something.

Ash.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2019 23:40

SkyWingNZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just had a great idea. If a program or computer is not working properly, reboot it or do a clean install. So that's what I did, kind of.

I deleted EVERYTHING to do with Power Director and Cyberlink from my PC, except my order email and the installation file I saved in my Downloads folder, then reinstalled PD16 Ultra.

Good news.... everything is now working properly, especially the Motion Tracking Pane under Tools. Wooo.

I did try PD17 (refunded) and PD18 (trial). I also got a lot of additional free packs too. So I deleted everything besides what I mentioned above, and reinstalled PD16 Ultra. I also did a Disc Cleanup before installing.

Works like a gem now.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
SkyWingNZ, yes you are correct the FX button should be there, glad you got yours functional again. Just so you know, of course it's there, or should be, in PD17 and PD18 too if you every decide to upgrade, you will have this feature yet. Attached is PD18 pic showing the three options, newer versions, at least to PD18 have not removed.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD18_Motiontracker.PNG]
 Filename
PD18_Motiontracker.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
483 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
FYI the screenshot I showed earlier was taken from a 360° project, and PD does not allow FX in the Motion Tracker tool when the timeline aspect ratio is set to "360." My apologies for incorectly stating that "Newer versions of PD only have 2 options"

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
conglyvaness [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2019 20:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I deleted EVERYTHING to do with Power Director and Cyberlink from my PC, except my order email and the installation file I saved in my Downloads folder, then reinstalled PD16 Ultra.

Good news.... everything is now working properly, especially the Motion Tracking Pane under Tools. Wooo.