Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD18 not importing Transparent ProRes 4:4:4 mov files.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Trying to import .mov with alpha into PD16

This is the PD18/365 forum, and the issue, support request and solution described here only apply to PD18/365. PD16 was not patched, but you should update to build 3424 from this page if you're not already at the latest version.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
About 3 months ago I pm the original FB user who posted the problem to let him know that a PD18 patch was available that resolved the problem. He had the 365 version and stated that it still is not working after applying the latest patch through the application manager.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's strange. I tried the sample clips before I responded above and everything works properly. Maybe it's a ProRes issue as was solved in this thread?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
SIXFIX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2020 16:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

Is this fix still working?
I get a login screen on the FTP, where can I get those credentials?

Quote I have received another response from Cyberlink support for the same ticket as follow. It is good to know that they have someone trying to fix this issue. This time the zip package is larger and consist of 4 files. Please let us know if it fixed the issue this time.

Thank you for writing us back.
With regard to your previous concern, we suggest you to try the following hotfix again with the steps:
1. Close all launching PowerDirector.
2. Go to PowerDirector 18/365 program folder in the Windows file explorer:
-- C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector18\runtime\CES
3. Rename the following 3 files name:
CESDSSrcFilter.ax -> CESDSSrcFilter_.ax
CESMediaSource.dll -> CESMediaSource_.dll
CLEdtKrn.dll -> CLEdtKrn_.dll
ReversePlaySrcFilter.ax -> ReversePlaySrcFilter_.ax
4. Download and extract the attached zip to get the new version: CESDSSrcFilter.ax, CESMediaSource.dll, CLEdtKrn.dll, ReversePlaySrcFilter.ax files
-- ftp://428:HGJ949U3@ftp.gocyberlink.com/VDE192028-0105/PDR18_CES_Transparent.zip
5. Copy the extracted files to the PowerDirector folder:
-- C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector18\runtime\CES
6. Launch PowerDirector 18, and import the video check the transparency condition.Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Thanks and Regards,
Vince
CyberLink Technical Support
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I get a login screen on the FTP, where can I get those credentials?

Those files were meant to try to fix the issue before an official patch was released, and CL has since expired the FTP links.

If you have PD365, use the App Manager to get the latest version (18.6.3120) which has solved the problem. If you have the perpetual license for PD18, please download the 2725 update for your language/region from here.
Sdatsea [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2020 08:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Those files were meant to try to fix the issue before an official patch was released, and CL has since expired the FTP links.

If you have PD365, use the App Manager to get the latest version (18.6.3120) which has solved the problem. If you have the perpetual license for PD18, please download the 2725 update for your language/region from here.

As of today, PD365 Ver 19.0.2108.0 does not work.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote As of today, PD365 Ver 19.0.2108.0 does not work.

The sample 4:4:4 clips work as expected on my end:

Your system may not have the required QuickTime support. See if this post will help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2020 12:40