Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD18 not importing Transparent ProRes 4:4:4 mov files.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
A FB PowerDirector User has reported that PD18 does not support the transparent mov files that work in the previous versions PD17 and PD16. I find that the same ones work in PD17, PD15, and PD14 on my win 7 pc.

Recently was able to try the same transparent mov files on PD17 on a win 10 pc. The transparent mov files do not import and gives a Media Source Error [Error Code 2]. Downloaded and installed the latest Apple QuickTime and then able to import the transparent mov files. Here is a link to the free sample Transparent mov files used: https://www.rocketstock.com/free-after-effects-templates/free-shape-elements/ .

Would like someone to test the above transparent mov files in PD18 and report whether they can get it to work. See the partial posts in the attached screenshot. Will write a support ticket if there is an issue.
[Thumb - Transparent mov.jpg]
 Filename
Transparent mov.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
From FB PD Forums
 Filesize
157 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
63 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm that PD365 (18.0.2204.0) cannot import the 4:4:4 + alpha .MOV clips, while PD14 has no issues on my Win10 system.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've just tried about 3 dozen combinations of bit depth, codec, color space, and container using VDub2, and the only time PD18 can open the converted file is when there's no alpha channel. Every combination I've tried that creates a clip with alpha transparency causes the broken media message

I don't see an easy workaround, so this issue should be reported.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am writing the support ticket and need the SR Number for PD18/365 to continue... Thanks.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have created a support ticket. Question ID = CS002072789
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have received a response to the support ticket CS002072789 as follow. If you have the same issue in PD18/365 for transparent mov files then this hotfix can be for you. Please backup your original files first and let us know if it fixed the issue at all:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand that you are having concern importing transparent mov files into your PowerDirector 17 Ultimate Suite software. We are more than willing to assist you.
With reference to your query, we would like to inform you that for PowerDirector 18 new version, our engineering team has prepared a hotfix as possible solution.
To use the hotfix, please do the following steps:
1. Close all launching PowerDirector.
2. Go to PowerDirector 18/365 program folder in the Windows file explorer:
-- C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector18\runtime\CES
3. Rename the following 3 files name:
CESDSSrcFilter.ax -> CESDSSrcFilter_.ax
CESMediaSource.dll -> CESMediaSource_.dll
CLEdtKrn.dll -> CLEdtKrn_.dll
4. Download and extract the attached zip to get the new version: CESDSSrcFilter.ax, CESMediaSource.dll, CLEdtKrn.dll files
-- ftp://428:HGJ949U3@ftp.gocyberlink.com/VDE192028-0105/PDR18_CES.zip
5. Copy the extracted files to the PowerDirector folder:
6. Launch PowerDirector 18, and import the video check the transparency condition.

Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Thanks and Regards,
Vince
CyberLink Technical Support
optodata
[Post New]
Well, that looked very promising. However, after renaming the original files and copying the new versions to the PD18 folder, I still get the media broken message when trying to import any of the sample clips:

Tomasc, did you see any change on your end?

YouTube/optodata

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank You Optodata for downloading and testing the hotfix for PD18/365. I do not have PD18 to test the hotfix. I will let support know that hotfix did not work for you so that they can keep working on it for the benefit of all PD18/365 users.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Not that you needed more validation, but it fails for me as well. So, they have access to 35 stock mov's that fail in PD18 work in other versions, provide a PD18 hotfix, and not one of the files import. What aspect of total incompetence am I missing?

Maybe next time simply ask them to provide a PD18 screen capture pic with all 35 stock mov's in the timeline.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have received another response from Cyberlink support for the same ticket as follow. It is good to know that they have someone trying to fix this issue. This time the zip package is larger and consist of 4 files. Please let us know if it fixed the issue this time.

Thank you for writing us back.
With regard to your previous concern, we suggest you to try the following hotfix again with the steps:
ReversePlaySrcFilter.ax -> ReversePlaySrcFilter_.ax
4. Download and extract the attached zip to get the new version: CESDSSrcFilter.ax, CESMediaSource.dll, CLEdtKrn.dll, ReversePlaySrcFilter.ax files
-- ftp://428:HGJ949U3@ftp.gocyberlink.com/VDE192028-0105/PDR18_CES_Transparent.zip
6. Launch PowerDirector 18, and import the video check the transparency condition.Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
Thanks and Regards,
Vince
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have received another response from Cyberlink support for the same ticket as follow. It is good to know that they have someone trying to fix this issue. This time the zip package is larger and consist of 4 files. Please let us know if it fixed the issue this time.

Thank you for writing us back.
With regard to your previous concern, we suggest you to try the following hotfix again with the steps:
ReversePlaySrcFilter.ax -> ReversePlaySrcFilter_.ax
4. Download and extract the attached zip to get the new version: CESDSSrcFilter.ax, CESMediaSource.dll, CLEdtKrn.dll, ReversePlaySrcFilter.ax files
-- ftp://428:HGJ949U3@ftp.gocyberlink.com/VDE192028-0105/PDR18_CES_Transparent.zip
6. Launch PowerDirector 18, and import the video check the transparency condition.Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
Thanks and Regards,
Vince

I assume maybe step 3 implied renaming 4 files supplied vs the stated 3.

But it's the same failure mode for me, maybe the third times the charm.

Jeff
optodata
[Post New]
No joy with the 4 new files in PD365, either

YouTube/optodata

Bronze_F [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2015 21:31 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Got a new file from thier support team:
ftp://428:HGJ949U3@ftp.gocyberlink.com/VDE192028-0105/PDR18_Transparent_Refreshed.zip
I can preview RLE transparent MOV normally in pd18 using the above dlls.

You may try it with the same steps, and check if it works with your transparent MOV videos.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2019 03:49

optodata
[Post New]
Quote Got a new file from thier support team:
ftp://428:HGJ949U3@ftp.gocyberlink.com/VDE192028-0105/PDR18_Transparent_Refreshed.zip
I can preview RLE transparent MOV normally in pd18 using the above dlls.

You may try it with the same steps, and check if it works with your transparent MOV videos.

That's the same link with the same 4 files from tomasc's earlier post.

I'm glad they worked for your situation, and it would be interesting to see if you can somehow load the .MOV files linked to in the first post in this thread. I imagine you won't be able to, but if you can, that would be another clue for tech support.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Bronze_F - Thank you for posting the link to the zip file you received. The zip name is different but inside are the same 4 files. It make sense now. It looks like that you and maybe other users have been reporting problems with transparent mov files to Cyberlink Support. Someone in engineering is actively working on it to resolve these issues. At least it work in fixing the RLE transparent MOV files issue that you have before.

Good to know that the hotfix work on at least one type of transparent mov file.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have received another Cyberlink response. It seem like that someone there is getting confused as I wrote the support ticket for someone else having the issue with PD18/365. I had to enter the SR number for my PD17 to complete the ticket. Now they want the DxDiag of my pc and screenshots of the error which of ource does not happen in PD17 and earlier PD versions. I will have to close out this ticket and would like someone else to take over and supply them with the screenshots.

Dear Tommy,
Thank you for writing us back and for providing the requested information.
With regard to your previous concern, we may also have to get more details for us to analyze and diagnose your PowerDirector 17 concern in a better manner. Kindly provide the following information below:
1. DxDiag
1.1 Press the Windows key and type dxdiag in the search box
1.2 Click on Dxdiag.exe
1.3 You will see a green progress bar in the bottom-left of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window while the program is gathering information.
1.4 When the progress bar disappears, it means your report is ready.
1.5 Click Save All Information.
1.6 Save the file to your desktop (make sure it is saving as a text file) and give it a name you will remember.
2. Full screenshot of the error message.
3. Full screenshot of the Product Version
3.1 Launch PowerDirector 17 software.
3.2 Click Logo of the software or the word of the software to see the Product Version.
To take a full screenshot:
1. Press PrtScrn on the upper right side of the keyboard.
2. Open Windows Paint (press Windows button, type the word Paint then click on the result to open the program).
3. Paste the screenshot (press Ctrl+V), then save the file (in .jpg format).Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
Thanks and Regards,
Vince
optodata
[Post New]
I finally have some good news here!

Per tomasc's request, I submitted a new ticket (CS002075222) for this issue, and referenced all previous communications and posts on this thread. I provided tech support with the sample clips linked here, along with my DxDiag results and a clear explanation of the problem.

They have just responded that they have confirmed the issue and have "re-escalated" it to engineering for a solution, so hopefully this problem will be fully resolved in an upcoming patch or hotfix.

YouTube/optodata

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
That is good news. I just received a response to the support ticket that is transfered over to optodata. Glad that you have a way of getting individuals to understand a problem and keep focus on it. Will close out this ticket as you started a new ticket already!! See the attached screenshot. Thank You optodata for taking over this issue to Cyberlink support.
[Thumb - Old support ticket.jpg]
 Filename
Old support ticket.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Last Cyberlink support response.
 Filesize
123 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
61 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2019 21:00

spbmrmusic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2019 11:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I finally have some good news here!

Per tomasc's request, I submitted a new ticket (CS002075222) for this issue, and referenced all previous communications and posts on this thread. I provided tech support with the sample clips linked here, along with my DxDiag results and a clear explanation of the problem.

They have just responded that they have confirmed the issue and have "re-escalated" it to engineering for a solution, so hopefully this problem will be fully resolved in an upcoming patch or hotfix.

Greetings!
Was this ever resolved?
Would love to see a response/ instructions.
Trying to import .mov with alpha into PD16
Thanks!
SPB

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2020 09:35

optodata
[Post New]
Quote Trying to import .mov with alpha into PD16

This is the PD18/365 forum, and the issue, support request and solution described here only apply to PD18/365. PD16 was not patched, but you should update to build 3424 from this page if you're not already at the latest version.