Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trying to find these 2 effects
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Recently my Hard drive completely failed, and the backup I had on an external drive refused to reinstall, so I have had to do a complete reinstall of everything on my computer

Attached are a couple of clips merged together from videos created previously before the crash

I am trying to identify the two effects used in the clips so that I can re-download them

I have been trawling through the effects on the website but not been able to track them down so am wondering if anyone can help me find them

Thanks in hope
Andrew
 Filename
effects_query_x264.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4698 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
257 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You may have some luck in openeing the PDS project file in a text or XML editor like Notepad++.

Sometimes, downloaded effects like that have generic names inside PD projects, like "object_001," but other times they retain the name of the actual downloaded item, as shown in this XML code section:

Try searching for "particle" and look within the next couple of lines for a likely name and see if you can find that on the DZ website.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for this information which will certainly be useful for the future.

Sadly on this occasion it was one of the projects lost when my drive stopped working, I only had access to the video as I had uploaded it onto the internet previously

best wishes
Andrew

Quote You may have some luck in openeing the PDS project file in a text or XML editor like Notepad++.

Sometimes, downloaded effects like that have generic names inside PD projects, like "object_001," but other times they retain the name of the actual downloaded item, as shown in this XML code section:

Try searching for "particle" and look within the next couple of lines for a likely name and see if you can find that on the DZ website.