Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error code 21204
lizardgai4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2019 14:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
[BEGIN UPDATE]

I cleaned the disc, and it worked. For some reason a dirty disc gave me error code 31001. I also tried some technical fixes like updating drivers everywhere, running on different graphics processors and reinstalling things.

[END UPDATE]
[BEGIN ORIGINAL POST]

Hello,

I am trying to play a UHD Blu-Ray of Rocky Mountain Express (2011). However, it can't load and gives me the following error:

This media cannot be played because the required Intel® SGX (SW Guard Extensions) wasn't started.  Please re-install the full set of Intel® Management Engine (ME) software components.  Error code: 21204.  Internal error code: E8814001

I looked at this. I tried going into the BIOS and changing Intel SGX from "Software controlled" to "Enabled". That didn't do anything. Also, there was not setting in BIOS to reallocate more memory to SGX or see how much was allocated.

By the way, I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T580 and an external USB 3.0 optical drive.

Any ideas?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2019 22:55

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
You should check this FAQ, as it mentions the same error that you got.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=21676

If that doesn't work, attach DXDiag as requested, or contact tech support.

Dave
lizardgai4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2019 14:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Turns out that my disc was dirty. I cleaned it with a microfiber cloth and it worked.

I found it out when it simply cooperated the first time another 4K disc. I also found out I needed to go into the BIOS and switch Intel SGX from "software controlled" to "enabled"