Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 12 - how do I stop it from launching when I insert a Blu-Ray in a drive?
NormS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2019 22:27 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
So I got Power DVD 12 with a Blu-Ray drive that I purchased. Really like it except for one annoying thing. I cannot get it to NOT launch when I put a Blu-Ray in a drive. I've taken care of the DVD configuration to stop this, but cannot find similar controls/check boxes, etc. to stop PDVD from auto-launching. Can someone please tell me how to do this? There appears to be nothing in the tools/options menus for Blu0-Rays. I have also gone into the Windows (10) configuration where you set default apps, and PDVD is not listed under any category. Help!

Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Go to the Windows 10 Control Panel/AutoPlay. Scroll and you should see (PowerDVD 12) appear in several category including in Blue-ray discs. Click the down arrow and change it in each category to what you want and click Save.
NormS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2019 22:27 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Go to the Windows 10 Control Panel/AutoPlay. Scroll and you should see (PowerDVD 12) appear in several category including in Blue-ray discs. Click the down arrow and change it in each category to what you want and click Save.

Thanks! My autoplay options were different than you described but I just changed the "Removable Drive" option to "Take no action" and now PowerDVD doesn't launch when you put a disc in the drive.