Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD18 & 365 - Unsupported AUDIO when importing
Richard123456 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 29, 2019 09:10 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgrade to PD 18 - 365- All of my legacy video clips (CONNON VIXIA *.mts) no longer support the audio. When I import media, I get and unsupported audio pop-up. The clips video imports but the audio is gone. The clips all work fine on older versions of PD but not the new PD18. I really do not want to have to convert all of my legacy clips.

HELLLLLLP.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It should be okay in Windows 10. Are you using a different version of Windows??
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I constantly work with Canon Vixia .MTS files, and there's no problem editing them in any version of PD, including PD18. You might try uninstalling PD18, rebooting and reinstalling it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2019 12:32

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Richard -

I'll just echo what tomasc & optodata have stated...

All the Canon .MTS clips I've dropped into PDR18-365 have had no audio issues at all. These include clips from HF S10, HF G10 (AC3 audio), & XA20 (PCM audio).

It's looking like an issue specific to your PC. The more information you can provide about your PC & the .MTS clips the better.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Richard123456 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I rieinstalled PD 18 and still have the problem. I have windows 7 professional which is up to date. I have 32 GIG ram and 2 gig graphics cards, all drivers are up to date. I still get an unsupported Audio message and no sound. Only in Power director when I try to import media.

Thanks
Richard123456 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Richard -

All the Canon .MTS clips I've dropped into PDR18-365 have had no audio issues at all. These include clips from HF S10, HF G10 (AC3 audio), & XA20 (PCM audio).

It's looking like an issue specific to your PC. The more information you can provide about your PC & the .MTS clips the better.

Cheers - Tony

Windows 7 pro, My ealier versions of PD worked fine. I have 32 GIG ram and 2 gig graphics. All drivers are up to date along with windows. I have reinstalled and still have the same problem. FILES are from Canon Vixia HF M40 camera.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2019 15:19

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Richard123456, post the MediaInfo details of your clip, more than likely the audio is Dolby which can be a issue in PD18, even more so on Win7. Some Canon Vixia models record in Dolby depending on model, mic accessories and record format settings.

Even better yet would be to share a clip via google drive or the like.

Jeff
Richard123456 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Richard123456, post the MediaInfo details of your clip, more than likely the audio is Dolby which can be a issue in PD18, even more so on Win7. Some Canon Vixia models record in Dolby depending on model, mic accessories and record format settings.

Even better yet would be to share a clip via google drive or the like.

Jeff

Thanks

The Audio type is Dolby Digital
256 kialbits
48khz
Stereo

All of my files are like this. They work fine in media player and on older versions of PD Except 18.

Not sure what to do

Cyberlink has not responded to me yet and I submitted my ticket this morning.
Richard123456 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Richard -

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony,
Windows 7 pro, 32 gig ram, 2 gig graphics. I reinstalled with no luck. MAde sure windows was up to date and all drivers were up to date.

Canon Vixia hf m40

Files
*.mts

Audio
Dolby Digital
256kbs
48khz
Stereo
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The Audio type is Dolby Digital
256 kialbits
48khz
Stereo

All of my files are like this. They work fine in media player and on older versions of PD Except 18.

Not sure what to do

Cyberlink has not responded to me yet and I submitted my ticket this morning.

Appears to agree with what I mentioned and the potential issue I stated. This link will be of interest to you: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=24372&prodId=4&prodVerId=1417&CategoryId=-1

Basically a new "feature" of PD18.

Jeff
OratiaChris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2016 14:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just upgrade to PD 18 - 365- All of my legacy video clips (CONNON VIXIA *.mts) no longer support the audio. When I import media, I get and unsupported audio pop-up. The clips video imports but the audio is gone. The clips all work fine on older versions of PD but not the new PD18. I really do not want to have to convert all of my legacy clips.

HELLLLLLP.

I also had this problem of trying to import MTS files in PD18 under Win 7. It is very unlikely my computer will upgrade to Win 8 or 10 as suggested and I don't want to convert every clip before importing it. I've got around the problem by changing the camera to record in MP4 so at least any new recording can be imported into PD18 and I can still use PD14 for any historical clips.
Jason1999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2014 16:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Appears to agree with what I mentioned and the potential issue I stated. This link will be of interest to you: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=24372&prodId=4&prodVerId=1417&CategoryId=-1

Basically a new "feature" of PD18.

Jeff

I wouldn't have bought this crap if I knew I would have to upgrade my computer to the sub standard garbage of Win10

Seriously, MTS files are a standard.

Cyberlink needs to fix this.

I have purchased every version and their other offerings since 2012 and am completely disgusted.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Cyberlink needs to fix this.

I believe this is a licensing issue from Dolby Labs and I don't think there's anything that Cyberlink can do about it.

If you don't want to upgrade to Win10, your choices are to stay with the older version of PD you previously used or to set your recording device to use LPCM audio rather than Dolby Digital. You should be able to use the free apps Handbrake or VirtualDub2 to convert DD (AC3) audio on your existing clips to LPCM or AAC.

Be sure to request a refund of PD18/365 if you can't use it and you purchased within the past 30 days.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]

I wouldn't have bought this crap if I knew I would have to upgrade my computer to the sub standard garbage of Win10

Seriously, MTS files are a standard.

Cyberlink needs to fix this.

I have purchased every version and their other offerings since 2012 and am completely disgusted.

Any update to this? Using PD365 my .MTS files have also stopped working with audio. If i change my camera to use Stereo, they have audio. However if i record in 5.1...the audio track is silent. Audio plays fine in VLC and everything else outside of PD365. Works fine in Adobe Premier
BadWolf [Avatar]
[Post New]

Any update to this? Using PD365 my .MTS files have also stopped working with audio. If i change my camera to use Stereo, they have audio. However if i record in 5.1...the audio track is silent. Audio plays fine in VLC and everything else outside of PD365. Works fine in Adobe Premier

Oh and I'm obviously on the latest Windows 10.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Oh and I'm obviously on the latest Windows 10.

I too thought it was strange that DD5.1 was not supported anymore. Found through the other competitor forums that the major consumer video editing softwares also dropped it and only DD 2 ch. supported since about 2 - 3 years ago. They could not give me an answer other than that I have to use the older software versions.

I believe optodata has the best answer above that Dolby labs did not want to renew the license that the avchd camcorders may still use. If you find otherwise then let us know. I’m all ears.
BadWolf [Avatar]
[Post New]

I too thought it was strange that DD5.1 was not supported anymore. Found through the other competitor forums that the major consumer video editing softwares also dropped it and only DD 2 ch. supported since about 2 - 3 years ago. They could not give me an answer other than that I have to use the older software versions.

I believe optodata has the best answer above that Dolby labs did not want to renew the license that the avchd camcorders may still use. If you find otherwise then let us know. I’m all ears.

Well that is a kick in the pants, eh? So I guess my options are
1) Use Premier instead of PD365
2) Record in stereo instead of 5.1
3) Convert file to .MP4 after copying to computer.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don’t know about that #1 in your post. I still use DD5.1. According to the forums, it was dropped from premiere elements and 2017 was the last version that has it. DTS 5.1 is supported for produced files. I’m sure that you can find a way to convert that DD5.1 to AAC5.1 or DTS5.1 which is supported in PD18. FFmpeg may allow you to convert it without re-encoding the video. I enjoy the smart rendering feature of videos in Powerdirector. The older versions of Powerdirector also did smart rendering of both video and audio. I have seen great features removed and newer features supported in all versions of softwares. That is why upgrading is done.
BadWolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don’t know about that #1 in your post. I still use DD5.1. According to the forums, it was dropped from premiere elements and 2017 was the last version that has it. DTS 5.1 is supported for produced files. I’m sure that you can find a way to convert that DD5.1 to AAC5.1 or DTS5.1 which is supported in PD18. FFmpeg may allow you to convert it without re-encoding the video. I enjoy the smart rendering feature of videos in Powerdirector. The older versions of Powerdirector also did smart rendering of both video and audio. I have seen great features removed and newer features supported in all versions of softwares. That is why upgrading is done.

I prefer to use PD. Just didn't realize 5.1 support got droped. Using the latest and greatest PD365 on Windows 10. I did try Premier and it does read the audio fine. I still think I'm going to convert and use PD. Just an extra step I guess.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Which version of premiere did you try it on?