Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 unable to view video when editing
Tony344 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2019 13:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have PowerDirector 8 Ultra and loaded it onto my new laptop, Dell running Windows 10, but although i can view the video clips when i add them to the library i cannot see or hear the video once they are on the timeline (the timeline 'line' moves along the clip).

Has anyone else come across this and how do i cure it?
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.

if i remember correctly without logging into my windows XPsp3 desktop, PD8 is a 32 bit program only.
it's running under wX that's great! try disabling all hardware acceleration in the Preference and install Download K-Lite Codec Pack Basic ... also DivX and QuickTime is required.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

p.s.
Quick Time has a security vulnerability. if the full version of QuickTime is installed, make sure to uninstall QuickTime web browser plug-in only.
if it doesn't work then PD8 isn't compatible with wX.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 21. 2019 18:49

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I have PowerDirector 8 Ultra and loaded it onto my new laptop, Dell running Windows 10, but although i can view the video clips when i add them to the library i cannot see or hear the video once they are on the timeline (the timeline 'line' moves along the clip).

Has anyone else come across this and how do i cure it?

Adding you what PepsiMan said, you never mentioned what type of video file you are trying to edit. PowerDirector 8 came out a decade ago, so it won't support all the latest video file formats and codecs.

Ash

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2019 22:19

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Tony344, assuming you are working with video clips that worked on your prior platform in your PD8, from what you describe, my guess it's probably the video mixing renderer setting. If you are comfortable with regedit and windows registry you might check this key, VideoRenderer, at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector\8.0. Check and/or edit the VideoRenderer key from VMR7 to VMR9. If it does not correct the issue you can always change it back.

Jeff