Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 13 refuses to activate after Windows reinstall, no answer from tech support...
Antoine² [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2014 14:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've bought a copy of PowerDVD13 in 2014 from Cyberlink (directly) and now the software refuses to activate my key when I'm trying to install it again on my PC (Windows 10), the reason being that it's been activated too many times or some bullshit. I'm not trying to use it on several computers at once or anything, I just want to use this on the computer of my choice. Is that too much too ask from a 70€ piece of non-OEM software?

I've contacted tech support properly (opened a "ticket") and have yet to hear from them 7 days after... Is this behaviour common from this company?

Sincerely,

Antoine
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is a user to user forum, and you've posted in the PowerDirector (video editor) forum, not PowerDVD.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I've bought a copy of PowerDVD13 in 2014 from Cyberlink (directly) and now the software refuses to activate my key when I'm trying to install it again on my PC (Windows 10), the reason being that it's been activated too many times or some bullshit. I'm not trying to use it on several computers at once or anything, I just want to use this on the computer of my choice. Is that too much too ask from a 70€ piece of non-OEM software?

I've contacted tech support properly (opened a "ticket") and have yet to hear from them 7 days after... Is this behaviour common from this company?

Sincerely,

Antoine

Moved from PDR forum.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do