Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well what do you know? An audio peak meter!
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
So, my apologies if I'm late to the party and you guys already knew about this feature, but one thing I always missed editing in PD was an audio peak meter that's visible during editing to show that the volume of your tracks isn't clipping and causing distortion. Yes I know that the yellow peaks show that in the waveform, but I missed the conventional peak meter. Well what do you know...PD 18 has added what it calls a 'timeline preview volume meter'.....a peak meter which it places under the preview window. Awesome.
[Thumb - Timeline preview volume meter.png]
 Filename
Timeline preview volume meter.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16. 2019 01:26

StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Yep. You should check out some of my "new features" tutorials on YouTube.

Here's a sampling.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16. 2019 07:43

Mark875 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2020 23:54 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
And now in version 19 it's gone. I can still see the option but it's greyed out. Anyone know how to get it working again?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote And now in version 19 it's gone. I can still see the option but it's greyed out. Anyone know how to get it working again?

Are you saying that this option from the View menu can't be selected on your end?

Mark875 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2020 23:54 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Are you saying that this option from the View menu can't be selected on your end?

Thanks, that worked. Previously I had found it in the preview options and there it is greyed out.