Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 Update Now Available
Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately this update did not solve the freezing and crashing of my PD 365!
See my (Koen41) topic on the subject.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to hear that. I don't see anywhere that you've posted about PD18 crashing and freezing. All the posts I saw are related to problems you had with Canopus AVI files, which a hotfix resolved.

Meanwhile I can report that the update has fixed the issue with not being able to work with MagicYUV AVI files. Thank you, Cyberlink!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2019 14:44

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I spoke too soon

I am now able to successfully load MagicAVI clips into the media library and place them on the timeline without getting any Media Source errors. However, the audio track is distorted and completely off tone-wise - it's been slowed down so much that a female voice is now an extremely deep baritone:

Also, more than half of my installed NewBlueFX and Pixelan plug-ins had their licenses reset after updating to the new PD18 version on a single PC. I knew this because of the big "X" that was displayed across all of the affected FX and transitions.

I had to reinstall/relicense Pixelan's DissolveMaster, CreativEase 3 and SpiceMaster 3 packs, and had to deactivate/reactive all NBFX Essentials and the Motion Pack using their online tool. Fortunately, that licensing situation was resolved, but the audio issue needs to be fixed.

Here's a MagicYUV version of the sample Skateboard clip for testing. You'll need to have the MagicYUV codec installed, and it plays normally in VLC, WMP and all other players.

I've reported the issue on ticket CS002067896

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2019 15:36

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Koen41 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have reported the freeze and crash problem on page 2 of topic "Cannot import any .avi files created by Fraps."
I have issued a ticket on the subject at Support.

If I play a project from the timeline the project freezes after some seconds or minutes but always at the start of a transition. I still can move the playhead but when I start the project again PD18 crashes.
producing a project causes no problem.
optodata
[Post New]
I hope that tech support will be able to resolve the crashing problem. They have responded to my audio issue and I can confirm that the problem only happens when the project is set to use 5.1 surround audio. When it is set to Stereo, the audio plays normally, so I'm now able to use MagicYUV clips without issue.

YouTube/optodata

Quinton Lantier [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2019 20:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just Wondering if anyone else is having issues with dropped frame rates after encoding using the Hardware Acceleration? My 60fps raw video drops down to what looks like 30fps. Encoding with SVRT works just fine. Started happing after the update. I have put in a ticket for the issue.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Just Wondering if anyone else is having issues with dropped frame rates after encoding using the Hardware Acceleration? My 60fps raw video drops down to what looks like 30fps. Encoding with SVRT works just fine. Started happing after the update. I have put in a ticket for the issue.

We'd need more details to help. MediaInfo is the standard app here on the forum for gleaning the technical specs of clips, and it (or even PD) will tell you right away what the actual frame rate is. The bitrate difference between the source and produced clips will also be important.

SVRT doesn't do any re-rendering, but you could try producing to H.264/AVC or H.265/HEVC, whichever one your source clips aren't recorded in. You can uncheck the Fast video rendering technology box and have the CPU do the work so no GPU hardware will be involved.

It would also be helpful to run the DxDiag test as called out in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread so we can see what kind of hardware and driver configuration your PC is set up for.
Koen41 [Avatar]
[Post New]
To day I received from Support after a workaround a hotfix which solved my freeze and crash problem with PD18.
WPU [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2019 00:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote To day I received from Support after a workaround a hotfix which solved my freeze and crash problem with PD18.

Can you share the workaround, please?
Koen41 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Can you share the workaround, please?

Attached the Hotfix I received from Support.

The workaround is mentioned in point 4 which solved my hang, freeze and crash problems.
The attached zip file solved the problem of hanging of an .avi clip when reversed play was switched on in Power tools.

Credits to Rhon (Support)
 Filename
CLTrueColorsTransform-1572921896487.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
255 time(s)
 Filename
Workaround.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
248 time(s)
ratt571 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2013 08:30 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PowerDirector 16 for awhile now and just upgraded to the 365 version about three weeks ago. I'm feeling like I made a big mistake upgrading. The program is crashing more and more. It frequently locks up when I try to create keyframes and I have to close out of it and open Fix/Enhance over and over again to add or delete keyframes I've created. In the main editing program it will just suddenly lock up and the program will close itself. Yesterday it happened four times in three hours, and it just happened again. PowerDirector 16 never crashed once.

Why hasn't this been addressed in updates? There's an update to PD18 dated 4/14/20 but it specifically says it's not for the subscribed version (???). I can't find version 365 even listed in the updates section. Has anybody had any success in stopping 365 from crashing?
optodata
[Post New]

You need to use the Cyberlink App Manager to update the subscription version of PD. You should end up with v18.3.2717.0.

If you still have problems after the update, please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and start a new discussion. Attach the DxDiag file there so we can see the details of your computer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2020 00:45

YouTube/optodata

Koen41 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I've been using PowerDirector 16 for awhile now and just upgraded to the 365 version about three weeks ago. I'm feeling like I made a big mistake upgrading. The program is crashing more and more. It frequently locks up when I try to create keyframes and I have to close out of it and open Fix/Enhance over and over again to add or delete keyframes I've created. In the main editing program it will just suddenly lock up and the program will close itself. Yesterday it happened four times in three hours, and it just happened again. PowerDirector 16 never crashed once.

Why hasn't this been addressed in updates? There's an update to PD18 dated 4/14/20 but it specifically says it's not for the subscribed version (???). I can't find version 365 even listed in the updates section. Has anybody had any success in stopping 365 from crashing?

I have started this topic in october because of mentioned problems. I received a workaround from the German forum and a hotfix from suport. After the hotfix the problems were gone. Also after the update, as Optodata mentioned, no problems at all.
If you still have crashing problems send the required data to support and they will find for sure a solution as they did for me!