Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Select a purchase option for screen recorder
user7791 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2017 20:03 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I am purchasing Cyberlink's Screenrecorder because it is the only one I have found which is able to record without skipping frames because of encoding latency. It is not my PC. On the purchase page there are two selections. New and Upgrade. I want to know the difference between them. Can anyone help define?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Click the Upgrade tab. It has a checkbox for you to click. One states that your version of PD17 cames with a screen recorder. The other checkbox is for the screen recorder versions 2 or 3 already on your system. If you have PD13 which has screen recorder version 1 for example then it doesn't qualify for the upgrade price which saves you $15.

You are required to already have the later screen recorder version installed and working on your pc to qualify for the discount. The upgrade version will not install on your pc without it.
user7791 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2017 20:03 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Click the Upgrade tab. It has a checkbox for you to click. One states that your version of PD17 cames with a screen recorder. The other checkbox is for the screen recorder versions 2 or 3 already on your system. If you have PD13 which has screen recorder version 1 for example then it doesn't qualify for the upgrade price which saves you $15.

You are required to already have the later screen recorder version installed and working on your pc to qualify for the discount. The upgrade version will not install on your pc without it.

Thank you
Charliesaw [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2020 01:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Sirs,

I would like an updated response.

I just signed up for PD 365 recently. When I tried to use the screen director (through PD365) to record powerpoint (on screen) and audio at the same time, a window saying that the feature is not in PD and requires an upgrade to SD 4.0.

I would have thought that SD is already included in the PD365 subscription.

Do I need to sign up for SD4.0?

Assuming that I decide to upgrade, the following screen shows 2 boxes:

v. 2-3 Screen Recorder and
(Included in PowerDirector 17-1

Which one do I tick?

I am new to all this stuff.

Thanks.

Charlie
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Dear Sirs,

I would like an updated response.

I just signed up for PD 365 recently. When I tried to use the screen director (through PD365) to record powerpoint (on screen) and audio at the same time, a window saying that the feature is not in PD and requires an upgrade to SD 4.0.

I would have thought that SD is already included in the PD365 subscription.

Do I need to sign up for SD4.0?

Assuming that I decide to upgrade, the following screen shows 2 boxes:

v. 2-3 Screen Recorder and
(Included in PowerDirector 17-1

Which one do I tick?

I am new to all this stuff.

Thanks.

Charlie

Screen Director? Or you're saying Screen Recorder?
If it's included in PD365, then you don't have to sign up for Screen Recorder to use it.
And if you simply need to record your powerpont, then Screen Recorder 2 would be enough.
No need to upgrade to Screen Recorder 4.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 29. 2020 06:13