Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove Keystoning Effect
bcf1ca [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2015 18:52 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I shot a video of a wedding where I could not use a tripod (bridezilla's wishes). I put the camera on my knee and managed to do a pretty good job but all of the shots exhibit a keystoning effect (a square image looks narrower at the top than the bottom or a trapezoid in geometric terms. I looked through all the video effects and Lens Correction in PD18 and there appears to be no effect to correct this. Does anyone know of a way to reduce/remove the effect?

Thanks in advance.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can correct this trapezoid. Try this: Highlight the clip. Open PiP Designer. Change the Tool size from Fit to 50%. Enable TV safe zone. At each corner is a blue reshaping node. Click and drag them to reshape the clip to be wider. Move the top left node to the left and the top right one to the right. You may need to move the bottom nodes outward too to compensate.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi bcf1ca -

To illustrate tomasc's instructions, here's a short screen capture.

Those freeform handles are a bit fiddly to get under control!

This idea (below) depends very much on the degree of keystoning. I imagine it would be fairly slight if the camera was on your knee. Bridezilla obviously wasn't doing the editing.

Anyway, if you open this packed project, then import your wedding clips, try copying the keyframe attributes from "Keystone.mp4" then paste keyframe attributes to one of your affected clips. It may be too extreme. It may be not enough. Just a thought.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
bcf1ca [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2015 18:52 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks to you both. This worked well.

Tomasc, I appreciate the fast response.
Tony, I appreciate the packed project and the time it took for you to prepare it.

I am amazed at the capabilities of this program.

Cheers!

Barry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2019 09:23