Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems after an update of 365 software
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Given that many of us all of a sudden got into (workflow) problems, maybe even missing deadlines, and have inability to proceed after the introduction of a new version, I suggest that Cyberlink considers the implementation of one or more of the following features in de 365 model:
a) Option - facility to back-out (restore) to the previous version
b) Option to postpone the installation of a newer version (We have that already: just do not press the update button)
c) Option - facility to test a new version, whether a beta of final version along with the current (working) version.

Option C of course is the most ideal, for both Cyberlink and its users, as it gives Cyberlink the option to have new versions tested wider and gives users the option to test out the new features, find all the bugs there are to be found, whilst still continue working with the previous version. Maybe the period in which more than one version coexist should be limited for both Cyberlink and users sake (like: update to latest version within 30 days?).
We all know that software nowadays is very complex and can hardly ever become bug-free. So, play it safe, ask a wider range of experienced users to finalize the testing before submission, (and support that with the options meantioned) are things that can help prevention of serious disruption and upheave.

I have also submitted this suggestion to Cyberlink through the suggestions facility.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Given that many of us all of a sudden got into (workflow) problems, maybe even missing deadlines, and have inability to proceed after the introduction of a new version, I suggest that Cyberlink considers the implementation of one or more of the following features in de 365 model:
a) Option - facility to back-out (restore) to the previous version
b) Option to postpone the installation of a newer version (We have that already: just do not press the update button)
c) Option - facility to test a new version, whether a beta of final version along with the current (working) version.

Option C of course is the most ideal, for both Cyberlink and its users, as it gives Cyberlink the option to have new versions tested wider and gives users the option to test out the new features, find all the bugs there are to be found, whilst still continue working with the previous version. Maybe the period in which more than one version coexist should be limited for both Cyberlink and users sake (like: update to latest version within 30 days?).
We all know that software nowadays is very complex and can hardly ever become bug-free. So, play it safe, ask a wider range of experienced users to finalize the testing before submission, (and support that with the options meantioned) are things that can help prevention of serious disruption and upheave.

I have also submitted this suggestion to Cyberlink through the suggestions facility.

1 - Option b) Exists I used to avoid updating since there have been complaints.
2 - Windows allows you to make an image of your system hard drive.
It has other apps that make this Mini Tool ShadowMaker free.
3 - I agree that you should have option to restore previous version of PD (365)
[Thumb - Open.jpg]
 Filename
Open.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2019 11:04

bluesmovers [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2016 11:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
My program, Power Director Version 18.0.2028.0 (64-bit)
Type: 365 SR number VDE190703-06

After the latest build update, it CRASHES 100% of the time, when I attempt to load any source videos (mp4 files).
I need to backup to the previous version, and there is no option.
I am really unable to get any version which works until they fix this problem and upload a fix?
This is disaster for me.
I have entered a ticket, and called.
When they said I can't revert to an earlier version I couldn't believe it!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Check to see if you have Windows' restore points enabled. If so, you should be able to roll your system back to before Sept 17 (or whenever you updated to the new version).

After many incidents like this over the years, I now make regular full system backups so I can go back weeks or even months if an irreversable problem comes up.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°