Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 18: Audio Popping whenever Clip is Split
Blazero100 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2019 11:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys,

So I just recently upgraded to PowerDirector 18 from PowerDirector 17, and I've encountered a problem that never occurred on PowerDirector 17. Whenever I split a video clip in PowerDirector 18, an audio popping sound is made during the playback in those split areas. I've even opened up old projects which had splits in them, and now even they seem to have the same audio popping noise problems (when they didn't before).

I've tried starting PowerDirector 18 straight after a computer reboot, used a new clip that didn't have any prior problems, and still - same audio popping issue. I've even updated my NVIDIA drivers to the latest version.

Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Just to clarify, I have an Intel Core i7 7th Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti and 8GB RAM on an HP Omen 15 Laptop.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is a very common problem, and it's happened at one point or another with every version of PD that I've used.

It can depend on many things, and you may not always hear the problem during playback, but the quickest fix is to place an audio transition (Constant Gain or Constant Power) across the gap (with the style set to Cross, not Overlap), and the defect should disappear.

It's also possible that this is something brand new, so please post back after trying the audio transition.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2019 21:01

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
RichartAsia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2018 19:56 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
yup just happened to mine after upgrade to PD18 previously was fine.
bugs bugs bugs
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see any issues. That's not to say something might not be wrong, just that it's not a universal problem affecting every clip or every split.

Please make a screen recording showing the split clips and what happens when you preview or produce so we can hear the audio glitch. In my case, it shows that I didn't have any audio issues:

If you do experience a problem, try making a split to the sample skateboard I used to see if you also hear the issue with that clip. The more info we have here, the easier it will be to report the issue and have it get resolved (if it's repeatable).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2019 21:10

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°