Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD18 Upgrade Issues
RichartAsia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2018 19:56 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi anyone facing this issue after update PD18 365 version it is using the Intel Graphics instead of my dedicated Nvidia GPU. I'm tried tweaking in settings but preview it stutters can't view smoothly and export render not using Nvidia GPU also. It heats up the laptop drives the CPU and Fan to max.

Note: Everything was working beautifully before the upgrade. Been exporting 4K @ 60fps videos fine. This 1st time I'm facing issue with PD.

[Thumb - 2019-09-18 (6).png]
 Filename
2019-09-18 (6).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
89 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 18. 2019 10:58

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You need to make sure that PD18 "sees" your nVidia card.

If you have mulitple monitors, you may need to have them both running from the nVidia GPU rather than one running off of each. The easiest way to tell which GPU PD18 will be using is to pull up the version screen and check the 1st logo:

A surefire way to force the nVidia card is to disable the iGPU in Device Manager.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
I only have one Nividia GPU and I'm amazing at how fast PowerDirector 18i s running. Now I've only just downloaded the upgrade but it's running between 80 ~ 90%, surprised this is the fastest EVER on my setup as previously it was running at something like 20 ~ 30% laughing

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
RichartAsia [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried to force to Nvidia which was set previously still unable to detect.
PD17 was full time on Nvidia no issues after upgrade it is stuck on Intel darn it!
No option for me to manually set. I even reinstalled Nvidia drivers too..

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD doesn't use any 3D hardware, so that control panel won't do anything.

As I suggested in my last post, try disabling the Intel GPU in Device Manager with PD closed. Google for more info, if needed. Then launch PD again and confirm that it's using the nVidia card.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

RichartAsia [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PD doesn't use any 3D hardware, so that control panel won't do anything.

As I suggested in my last post, try disabling the Intel GPU in Device Manager with PD closed. Google for more info, if needed. Then launch PD again and confirm that it's using the nVidia card.

On PD17 I can enable PD > Nvidia but now in PD18 I can't.

Reinstalled 3 times PD18 still same it only detects Intel GPU. Other programs including Resolve can detect Nvidia GPU but PD18 just doesn't... It's plain rediculous that I need to go through loops to get it to work. Imagine non-IT people trying this!

@cyberlink FIX THIS !

After disabled Intel GPU it still can't detect Nvidia... worst now I have no GPU running.

""""

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 18. 2019 23:28

optodata
[Post New]
Dude, this is a user forum and CL has no idea what you're posted here. Instead of complaining in every post about what you've done that hasn't worked while also not acting on any of the suggestions I've offered, could you please disable the Intel GPU in Device Manager and let us know if that works?

As my screenshots show, PD detects both my Intel UHD 630 iGPU and my nVidia RTX2070, depending on which monitors I'm driving when I open it. No issues whatsover on my end, so there's probably something unusual going on with your system.

It would also extremely helpful if you could follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag results. CL tech support will also need that if you want to go ahead and file a support ticket to report this issue.

YouTube/optodata

whyisthenameSaltyillegal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 18, 2019 13:54 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Contrary to optodata suggestions here, this is a known (almost controversial) issue with laptops that have multiple GPU's.

Let me first say right of the bat: I completely understand the frustration and anger (I've been on the same boat), but please keep it civil, optodata is just trying to help. smile

That being said: I suggest you look into this amazing thread: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/46836.page

If you don't want to see the chaos that led to the conclusion of the thread, skip to page 5, but I really suggest going though it, it is a fun read.

You'll need to follows those steps (in the thread) exactly, because you are going to break codes here.

I'll add one thing tho: after you're done, look at the gpu bar on the Processes tab in Task Manager while playing a clip in PD.

If GPU 1 shows up next to Powerdirector 18, you have done it right.

Let me know if it helps!
D285 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2018 13:33 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Contrary to optodata suggestions here, this is a known (almost controversial) issue with laptops that have multiple GPU's.

Let me first say right of the bat: I completely understand the frustration and anger (I've been on the same boat), but please keep it civil, optodata is just trying to help. smile

That being said: I suggest you look into this amazing thread: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/46836.page

If you don't want to see the chaos that led to the conclusion of the thread, skip to page 5, but I really suggest going though it, it is a fun read.

You'll need to follows those steps (in the thread) exactly, because you are going to break codes here.

I'll add one thing tho: after you're done, look at the gpu bar on the Processes tab in Task Manager while playing a clip in PD.

If GPU 1 shows up next to Powerdirector 18, you have done it right.

Let me know if it helps!

Thanks for the hint !
This works perfectly on my Dell XPS 9560 with Intel 630HD and Nvidia 1050 (optimus) for the last 2 years
Little Exception on my Dell: Instead of
Optimus flags for enabled applications = SHIM_MCCOMPAT_OVERRIDE_BIT
I had to choose:
Optimus flags for enabled applications = SHIM_MCCOMPAT_ENABLE

Dirk