Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Alpha channel in the new Nested project PiP
PowerMoristar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2019 15:23 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have a Title project with some animation and my logo, that I want to use as an overlay in my other videos.
This project is a logo-image with transparency.
When I import this project as a nested project in the new version (18.xx) - it loses the transparency channel and transparent areas are just black. However, in the part of the Title project where there is only audio and no visual - nothing is displayed as expected. Is there any setting I need to set to allow Alpha on Nested project? Is there any other to import my Title as PiP with transparency?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2019 04:23

[Post New]
Unfortunatelly current version does not support alpha channel when using nested project PiP.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You should be able to import the project as an Expanded Project, which is basically like copying the whole thing onto your main timeline. You'll lose the compactness, but I imagine you'll retain the alpha transparency.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PowerMoristar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2019 15:23 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, it seems that the only way to go is to use an expanded project option.
It's very inconvenient and I had to group all the project's items to move them around (also it inserts it in the first track always, so I have to insert and then move it down, argh...) but it works at least.

So currently the only two ways to achieve my goal is to add expanded project reference or to produce a video and use chroma key on the background (black for transparent, but you can insert green screen in your title project instead of transparency) to get transparency (and some performance) back.

Not optimal, Cyberlink, not optimal. Hope they can fix it soon.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Nested Projects are in their 2nd iteration now, and they're more polished than when they first came out. However,
CL doesn't typically monitor this forum, so the best way to let them know about your alpha channel request is to use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2019 11:13

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°