Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365: Sept 2019 Feature Release (v18) is now live!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like September 17th was the big day cool

So far, the main CL webpages, the linked info from the App Manager and even the tutorial videos showing the "new" features still point to the current version of each app (this link is for PD18, for example, but when I posted this it still brought up PD17 videos) and haven't yet been updated. Hopefully that will happen soon!

Also PhD version 11

ColorDirector 8

and Audio Director 10

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 17. 2019 02:13

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Should remove those photos it has your serial numbers in them or at least blur them out PowerDirector Tutorials Team
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
So wheres the information to see what they added? PowerDirector Tutorials Team
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Should remove those photos it has your serial numbers in them or at least blur them out

Thanks, but no need. Those are the Software Release numbers, and they're the same for everyone running the new software.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

optodata
[Post New]
Quote So wheres the information to see what they added?

We'll have to wait for the official post from the PD Mod. I can tell you that there's now built-in support for 1:1 aspect ratio (square) videos, though cool

YouTube/optodata

PowerDirector Tutorials
[Post New]
Well I just tested 4k from my EOS R camera which never let me edit video before I would have to use handbrake to convert it where now it WORKS... Man thatsgoing to save time PowerDirector Tutorials Team
optodata
[Post New]
Nice!

Here's probably the world's first public square (1:1 aspect ratio) video made natively with PD18. No other steps/apps needed!

YouTube/optodata

PowerDirector Tutorials
[Post New]
so why is 1.1 so important? who wants to watch a square. I must be missing something PowerDirector Tutorials Team
PowerDirector Tutorials
[Post New]
Photo director DOES NOT do RAW3 at all. So they did not make it to work with EOS R photos format which makes it useless to canon users. *sigh* PowerDirector Tutorials Team
optodata
[Post New]
Quote so why is 1.1 so important? who wants to watch a square. I must be missing something

People on FB and Instagram have been clamoring for it for years, as shown in recent posts like these

YouTube/optodata

PowerDirector Tutorials
[Post New]

People on FB and Instagram have been clamoring for it for years, as shown in recent posts like these

ahhhh ok... Changed all my settings after it upgraded I have to go thru them all again. arrrgg PowerDirector Tutorials Team
PowerDirector Tutorials
[Post New]
They just spammed my youtube. They have no idea how youtube works..... what a waste. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
GordonCato [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2017 23:37 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have to say, after upgrading this morning, that I am disappointed. I have been a user of Powerdirector for years and I was hoping for a major upgrade to bring it up to par with some of the other video editors out there. I was wrong. Other than a few minor changes I see no improvement. I know a lot of people are raving about the 1:1 ratio, but that's a feature I will never use. I am currently working on a small project in which some of the lighting and colors needed adjustment. After trying several times in Powerdirector, I kept getting blocky, noisy video. I loaded the same clip in to Hitfilm Express (a free editor) and using the built in curves editor was able to correct the image in 10 seconds. The tracker in Powerdirector is also lacking. It frequently loses the track when the same footage in Hitfilm or Davinci (both free) will lock on all the way through the clip. The options to what you can attach to a tracked object are also severely limited compared to other programs. Something as simple as an object like the Boris light saber effect, instead of attaching the source and ending points to tracks, you have to go in and manually keyframe each point by opening a seperate window for each keyframe and each point. I was hoping that things like this would have been streamlined in this release, instead of a little fluff added. I have always loved powerdirector, but if they can't keep up with free software that's out there, then I won't be renewing my subscription.
D285 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2018 13:33 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Just upgrade to PD 18 (my PD365 subscription). Where can I find the new Form Designer?
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Just upgrade to PD 18 (my PD365 subscription). Where can I find the new Form Designer?

I assume you mean the Shape Designer:

All PD18 tutorials can be found here.

YouTube/optodata

optodata
[Post New]
Quote ... I have always loved powerdirector, but if they can't keep up with free software that's out there, then I won't be renewing my subscription.

Since this is a user forum, the people who should really be aware of your feedback are unlikely to see your post here. Please use Rate Us and Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu to get your message to the right people.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2019 11:35

YouTube/optodata

D285 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I assume you mean the Shape Designer:

All PD18 tutorials can be found here.

Perfect - Thank you - I found it

Strange thing hapened to my existing projects:
When I open a PD17 project that has a "reversed" clip on board - PD18 plays it reverse and rotate it 180 ° !?

With a new project in PD18 everything works as expected.

Maybe a bug??
GordonCato [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2017 23:37 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]

Since this is a user forum, the people who should really be aware of your feedback are unlikely to see your post here. Please use Rate Us and Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu to get your message to the right people.

I have. I just wanted to share my impressions of the upgrade here as well.
PowerDirector Tutorials
[Post New]
Quote I have to say, after upgrading this morning, that I am disappointed. I have been a user of Powerdirector for years and I was hoping for a major upgrade to bring it up to par with some of the other video editors out there. I was wrong. Other than a few minor changes I see no improvement. I know a lot of people are raving about the 1:1 ratio, but that's a feature I will never use. I am currently working on a small project in which some of the lighting and colors needed adjustment. After trying several times in Powerdirector, I kept getting blocky, noisy video. I loaded the same clip in to Hitfilm Express (a free editor) and using the built in curves editor was able to correct the image in 10 seconds. The tracker in Powerdirector is also lacking. It frequently loses the track when the same footage in Hitfilm or Davinci (both free) will lock on all the way through the clip. The options to what you can attach to a tracked object are also severely limited compared to other programs. Something as simple as an object like the Boris light saber effect, instead of attaching the source and ending points to tracks, you have to go in and manually keyframe each point by opening a seperate window for each keyframe and each point. I was hoping that things like this would have been streamlined in this release, instead of a little fluff added. I have always loved powerdirector, but if they can't keep up with free software that's out there, then I won't be renewing my subscription.

Check your private messages. thx PowerDirector Tutorials Team
D285 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Perfect - Thank you - I found it

Strange thing hapened to my existing projects:
When I open a PD17 project that has a "reversed" clip on board - PD18 plays it reverse and rotate it 180 ° !?

With a new project in PD18 everything works as expected.

Maybe a bug??

looks like the fault is caused by the Hardware Acceleration. If I disable "Enable hardware decoding" everything works but preview is sluggish and stutter.
With PD17 I had no problems with enabling the hardware Acceleration.
Hope for a early fix.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2019 15:56