Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Snapshot save location options - where did it go?
killertomato [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2018 22:23 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
I use the snapshot feature quite a bit (screen grabs for thumbnails etc..).
Just this morning when I click it, it will automatically save the image in C:\Users\****\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\

Before today it would prompt me for the location so I could choose to save it with the rest of my project files. Auto saving to the above directory is both inconvenient and annoying.

How can I set it to go back to prompting me where I'd like to save the image each time I click it?
Under Snapshot destination in settings it lets me choose "File" but that's it.

This is driving me nuts, any help would be appreciated! Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Driving you nuts? Really?

If you have "File" selected in your preferences (which you do), when you take a snapshot, the regular "Save" dialog will come up so you can rename or re-locate the snapshot. By default it will go to your designated Export folder (also in Settings > File).

If you set the export folder for that project the same as your working folder (containing other media) as (say) C\Documents\Video Projects\Project 1, all the snaps will land in your working folder.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
killertomato [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2018 22:23 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Driving you nuts? Really?

If you have "File" selected in your preferences (which you do), when you take a snapshot, the regular "Save" dialog will come up so you can rename or re-locate the snapshot. By default it will go to your designated Export folder (also in Settings > File).

If you set the export folder for that project the same as your working folder (containing other media) as (say) C\Documents\Video Projects\Project 1, all the snaps will land in your working folder.

Cheers - Tony

I do have "File" selected but what happen is that it doesn't bring up the save dialog, it just dumps the saved picture into the powerdirector directory without asking me where to save it. And yes, it is driving me nuts since I'm often working on 3-4 projects at once and am saving multiple screen shots per project. It used to prompt me where to save but now it doesn't (I didn't change any settings). I'd like to know how to get that box to pop up again...
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
My apologies -

I left out a vital thing... in Preferences > Confirmation, make sure you have "... confirm captured snapshot file name" checked.

""

OOPS - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My apologies -

I left out a vital thing... in Preferences > Confirmation, make sure you have "... confirm captured snapshot file name" checked.

""""

OOPS - Tony

Good catch brother. We all make mistakes sometimes. Thanks for sharing! Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.