Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 365 subscription question
RonnieDP
Member Location: Durban. S Africa Joined: Nov 05, 2009 13:14 Messages: 75 Offline
[Post New]
I am about to do a first subscription for PD 365. If I am unable to renew the subscription after one year, is my copy still valid.

Does it operate with the existing features as at the end of the first year.

Thanks
Ronnie.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 30. 2019 16:11

AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
Like any subscription, once it ends, you no longer have access to the content/product, which in this case is PowerDirector. If you want to keep using PowerDirector, you need to renew your subscription.

Ash
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am about to do a first subscription for PD 365. If I am unable to renew the subscription after one year, is my copy still valid.

Does it operate with the existing features as at the end of the first year.

Thanks
Ronnie.

Hi,
The terms of the subscription license can be found in the EULA (End User License Agreement)

The main relevant section is :

**SUBSCRIPTION LICENSE
The SOFTWARE is licensed for subscription purposes. You agree that CyberLink may change the version of the SOFTWARE provided to you at any time without liability to you. Ongoing access to Subscription SOFTWARE requires a working internet connection, CyberLink’s receipt of recurring subscription payments and agreement to the terms of use and/or service for Subscription SOFTWARE to be found on the downloading site. The rights granted to you herein will cease after a specified time period and the SOFTWARE usage is time limited, after expiration of which it may be disabled.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know if it is possible to apply a special offer to a RENEWING subscription?

When I took out a subscription last year I was able to use a discount code (saving 10% on the annual subscription) which was helpful, the code is still available on my member page, be good to use it again this year!

Currently I have turned off the auto renewal, though I expect to renew it, be good to confirm if I can use the discount code again, and if so, how?

Alternatively - could I take out a subscription with the special offer currently available - 30% - prior to mine expiring later in September? (the 30% offer expires a couple of days before my subscription expires) This would offer excellent value!

As a side question- is there likely to be an actual new version this year - PD18 - or have the ongoing improvements that we have seen over the past year to the 365 version effectively introduced anything that would have come with a new version (as I understand the 365 version offers some improvements / options that are not offered to those buying the perpetual version?)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 04. 2019 18:27

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)