Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Purchased yesterday, camera worked yesterday....
MacCentris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2019 13:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Everything seemed fine... I also installed OEM drivers. "Logitech Camera Settings" detects camera just fine Logi C270... Works with Bandicam (I wanted to purchase but YouCam was cheaper and I didn't need all the bells and whistles from BC).

Cyberpower PC
Windows 10 (latest update released last week)
8GB RAM

I don't think I ever ran YouCam in this PC, I had it in my laptop years ago so I remember it, being really good back then. Ahh, it seemed fine before it told me to update my video drivers for facial smoothing (NIVIDIA GEFORCE GT 720) that's all I remember though.

-------
UPDATE: Uninstalled the NVIDIA experience app (just in case it was "using" my webcam) and opened the Windows 10 "Camera" app, everything seems fine, BUT YouCam still NOT WORKING with my camera... I will probably ask for my money back if I can't figure this out.
[Thumb - YOUCAM PROBLEM.png]
 Filename
YOUCAM PROBLEM.png
[Disk]
 Description
Twas freezing on startup at times yesterday, then today this....
 Filesize
64 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 26. 2019 18:50

sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like you have another program is using your Logitech C270 at the same time.
You need to close it first.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26. 2019 21:30

MacCentris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2019 13:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It looks like you have another program is using your Logitech C270 at the same time.
You need to close it first.

I appreciate your input, however there was no other program using the camera (it's a YouCam error definitely). Also, yesterday it was working one second and today it appeared to have gone haywire just like that. I failed to mention that I downloaded several "frames" to go with my videos (like ten) and installed them all at once that was really late last night, and I went to bed without checking to see if things had worked... I was beginning to believe I needed to go back to my old NVIDIA drivers, but I decided to uninstall YouCam and re-install. Apparently something happened when I installed the frames, perhaps a file or two got corrupted? Either way, I went on to the https://www.cyberlink.com/support/youcam/patches_en_US.html page and downloaded both patches and installed them. I was upset I needed to go back to my email to retrieve my key but, the webcam is fixed and works better than before. Apparently those patches helped, or at least one of them. I do have Intel processor so they should come in handy. Loving the program once again. And happy to help others in case they have this issue in the future.

Thank you again!