Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Separating tracks in Screen Recorder
Schmacker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2019 08:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to separate the screen recording, the webcam and audio on their own separate tracks?

I want to record a training session of screen recording, webcam and audio all at the same time and then edit so that the result sometimes shows the screen and other times only the webcam and yet other times where the webcam is a small "picture-in-picture" over the screen recording.

Is this possible with Screen Recorder? If so, how?

If necessary I have other software that I can do the editing with, but have not figured out how to get each component (screen, webcam, audio) on separate tracks.

Thanks,
Bob
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I assume you're trying to do this with Screen Recorder 2, which is the basic app included with PowerDirector. Unfortunately, SR2 can only record a single screen or window.

For your needs, I think you should look into buying Screen Recorder 4, which can do all of those things.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Schmacker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2019 08:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Actually I am using SR4. Sorry I should have stated that to begin with.

Quote I assume you're trying to do this with Screen Recorder 2, which is the basic app included with PowerDirector. Unfortunately, SR2 can only record a single screen or window.

For your needs, I think you should look into buying Screen Recorder 4, which can do all of those things.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Actually I am using SR4. Sorry I should have stated that to begin with.

OK. I knew you couldn't do what you were asking with SR2, and even though I haven't used SR4, I thought it was able to do that. since I knew it was able to stream to multiple websites concurrently.

However, after downloading the trial version and exploring and looking for more info online, it appears that once you set the webcam's onscreen position and then start recording, the recorded video doesn't keep the streams separate and instead simply records the full screen (including the webcam video) as a single stream.

Obviously you can't then go back and show the content behind the webcam window during later editing, so as far as I can tell, SR4 doesn't have ability to save individual streams that you're looking for. Sorry about my misleading earlier statement!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°