Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does anyone use PowerDirector for Logo Sting, Intros and the like?
Drone360 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2019 13:59 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have been a Cyberlink PowerDirector and PhotoDirector user since PowerDirector 14. I am considering going to the Suite for 365 as I see some features and drawbacks.

I have recently had a need and desire to offer Logo Stings, FaceBook and Website Headers, Intros and Outros. There are a number of third party on-line/cloud services that have modern templates that I cannot duplicate with PowerDirector. True with Cyberlink there are hundreds of templates, but ALL are old school and unappealing. This is disappointing as Cyberlink is my preference over others like Adobe. I was hoping that I could do everything with the Cyberlink suite including my new requirements without paying for additional services from other vendors. Some considered are Viddyoze, Storyblocks, and Envato Elements that accomplish the task in modern style.

Am I missing something here or does the 365 suite offer all these plugins that provide what I am looking for? If it does, this would be a great value to me and a game-changer resource all in one place.

Any suggestions and/or direction would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 25. 2019 08:58

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Drone360 -

This sort of thing has been discussed in various groups over the years.

Specifically on the intros/outros templates, like logo reveals etc, there's a mountain of resources out there. Some you've mentioned. I understand what you're saying about templates as many are created in programs like After Effects so the project file can't be read by PDR.

BUT you'll usually find that the media content included in the download will work fine in PDR - e.g. alpha channel videos. Using these, with a bit of titling in PDR, can yield up decent results.

Most PDR users, I imagine, would be using a variety of resources to fill in the blanks left by PDR's functionality or our own imaginations/ability.

Do you have anything specific in mind? or is it a general interest question?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Drone360 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 19, 2019 13:59 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Drone360 -

This sort of thing has been discussed in various groups over the years.

Specifically on the intros/outros templates, like logo reveals etc, there's a mountain of resources out there. Some you've mentioned. I understand what you're saying about templates as many are created in programs like After Effects so the project file can't be read by PDR.

BUT you'll usually find that the media content included in the download will work fine in PDR - e.g. alpha channel videos. Using these, with a bit of titling in PDR, can yield up decent results.

Most PDR users, I imagine, would be using a variety of resources to fill in the blanks left by PDR's functionality or our own imaginations/ability.

Do you have anything specific in mind? or is it a general interest question?

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for the reply, Tony,

I guess I was expecting more from Cyberlink as this seems to be the weak area of the bundle. The templates are so old and vendors like Adobe PS offer a subscription pricing comparable to Cyberlink but has modern tools and templates to handle these types of applications/files which leaves a void in Cyberlink's PD. This makes me reevaluate the program which was not my initial intent.

Thanks again,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Adobe Ps & Cyberlink PDR? Apples & oranges.

I wouldn't have said that any Adobe subscription has pricing comparable with Cyberlink's but, that aside, Photoshop & PowerDirector are not even remotely comparable products. They serve different purposes - photo/graphics vs. video.

Much of what you're thinking when weighing up the pros & cons may be true, but price is a factor for most of us.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!