Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disappearing Edits, Images, Folders -
jaydigital [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2018 08:02 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]

Reread my post, I specifically stated "So, in your case at ~0:54 in your video if you click in the white area of the path dialog you will see \\JOHNS-ENVY-DESK\Users\johnf. This is the path reference issue which cannot be used."

Any path that starts with \\ is a network path. The path you use needs to start with a drive letter, namely C:, D:, E:, F: or the like.

Jeff

>>>
Hi Jeff,

OK. How do I make that change?

When I start with C:\Users\johnf - that's as far as it goes.

Seems like we're getting somewhere. I don't understand it, but if I can make a change in the structure, I will try it.

Thanks,
John
>>

Edit: OK, now it seems like I have been able to get the "Final"folder (with images) to appear and set itself up to import them all.

What I had to do was: ignore the "This PC/Users/(JOHNS-ENVY-DESK (this PC) )/johnf/" - and choose: "WINDOWS (C: ) /Users/johnf/"

Is this what you all have been trying to tell me? Shall I proceed with the actual "import"?

I think you've gotten me there, Jeff.
Thanks
Jaydigital

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 24. 2019 09:13

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What I had to do was: ignore the "This PC/Users/(JOHNS-ENVY-DESK (this PC) )/johnf/" - and choose: "WINDOWS (C: ) /Users/johnf/"

Is this what you all have been trying to tell me? Shall I proceed with the actual "import"?

YES

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
jaydigital [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2018 08:02 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]

YES

Thanks optodata.

I think that I'm going to find that the folders are working as they should

My problem was, that when I purchased the new HP desktop, I had HP install the file setup and network. Turns out that I had never seen a network or file tree like this. I have worked independently at home for over 15 years. Top line on my tree had always been C: . and I had no need of a network until I had two desktops. I purchased the second one just to handle the Cyberlink applications for my family history project - a very important one for me.

I have been confused for 8 months by what the purpose of "This PC" being at the top of the tree, if it wasn't identifying "This PC" . Now I know. (I wonder how many other old guys are still confused.)

So my apologies for the confusion. I take all of my extra work on myself and apologize or wasting the time of the other forum members.

At the same time, I want to thank all of you whom stuck with me until we figured it out. PIX was right, there was a solution.

By the way, you politely mentioned the other "rabbit holes" that I dove into while trying to work with PhD10. There seemed to be a new, disrelated problem every week with misplaced presets, corupted virtual images, disappearing folders, images and edits. I now believe that all of these can be attributed to my own ignorance regarding the use of data storeage and cross-working the Cyberlink apps against the other apps that I have on the network.

I've just finished my latest PhD10 project covering the birth of our only child. Hence my anxiety. I'm in a better place now.

Thanks again to the forum. THEY were right. My only critique of the support is that they would have found out the problem weeks ago had they connected with my computer and watched what I was doing - just one time.

Jaydigital
[Post New]
Hello again John,

Yes, it seems you've been in & out quite a few "rabbit holes" on your way to arriving at a resolution. Your most recent post is very well put, & shows a better understanding of the cause of the issue.

I share your appreciation of the insights & input of forum members in this thread. Jeff, optodata & tomasc clearly each have sound knowledge of network structures & the inner workings of a PC. It's great that you have shown your appreciation of their valued contributions.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your illustrative explanations in this thread that led to a successful resolution.

PIX PIX YouTube channel