Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can we center the timeline on the cursor?
[Post New]
Been paying since 2012, now on AD9.

Still bad editing when zoomed in to audio, as clicking the timeline scrollers goes a full screen fwd/rew and you can no longer see the cursor.

The lack of this basic feature/option means the editor needs to zoom out, then try to position the cursor, and zoom back in. Yikes.

Even a KBD shortcut would be a lifesaver.

In addition, zooming is not dependent on where the mouse is on the timeline.

Has anyone else noticed this annoyance? Continuous member since the AVID, Pinnacle days... Cyberlink erased my original profile (dohh!) so now I'm a newbie again!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Been paying since 2012, now on AD9.

Still bad editing when zoomed in to audio, as clicking the timeline scrollers goes a full screen fwd/rew and you can no longer see the cursor.

The lack of this basic feature/option means the editor needs to zoom out, then try to position the cursor, and zoom back in. Yikes.

Even a KBD shortcut would be a lifesaver.

In addition, zooming is not dependent on where the mouse is on the timeline.

Has anyone else noticed this annoyance?

Yes, it's definitely a pain to work with, but there is a helpful keyboard shortcut (here's the list of all of them).

Once you get to the desired zoom level, simply hit the spacebar to start playing the audio and the display will automatically place the cursor at the far left edge of the screen. Hit space again to stop, so a quick double hit may do the trick. If you want to have the cursor closer to the center, you'll then need to slowly and carefully drag the horizontal slider bar to the left.

The best way to let Cyberlink know that you'd like to have both a quick way to center the cursor and to have the zoom remain centered on the cursor is to use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions... under AD's File menu.

They should be releasing the latest version of AD and the entire editing suite in the next month or so, and even though there's no way that any new suggestions will be implemented right away, there's at least a chance that CL will put them into the first update of the new app. I'm going to request those exact items right now!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2019 12:10

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote ..slowly and carefully drag the horizontal slider bar to the left

Gross understatement!

Thanks! Continuous member since the AVID, Pinnacle days... Cyberlink erased my original profile (dohh!) so now I'm a newbie again!