Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to draw animated rectangular frames
PabloMontini [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2018 15:29 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I want to draw a rectangular frame in a sector of the screen. But I don't want it to be static, I want it to be lively.
I wish it would be completed for about 5 seconds, frame by frame. As you can see in the 16:04 minute of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb7fFHk5kAU
Similar to the "Paint Designer" tool, but with straight lines and 90 ° angles.
Thanks in advance.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PabloMontini -

If the highlight box is to be on a still/static background, the easiest thing to do is create a mask/overlay to disguise the rough lines from Paint Designer, so you only see clean lines.

The timeline would look like:

I've packed, zipped & attached that little project, if you want to play with it. The 2 paint animations are on DZ - Clockwise & Counter-clockwise.

Also, there are some templates posted here that might work for you.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Draw Box.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
307 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
224 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PabloMontini [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2018 15:29 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony, thank you very much!
Your solution covers my original query. And reading your kind answer, now I ask you: What would the solution be like if the animated box were on a moving background? How do I solve the problem of creating the mask with clean lines? Should I duplicate the clip in 2 different layers?
My contribution: it would be very complicated to add the typical shapes (lines, rectangle, ellipse, arrows, call balloons, etc.) in 2 versions: only borders and complete ones.
Regards