Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Any way to see full size display and make changes?
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
I enabled a 2nd monitor and dragged the video display over. When I make it full screen and try to edit anything on the timeline I get error beeps and can't do anything else until I minimize the display. Is there a way to avoid this? Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure why you're seeing that. Typically, I use only the second monitor for full screen previewing of critical sections, and only rarely because it's so taxing on the CPU.

However, the 2nd monitor is only for display, and all the editing takes place on the monitor with the main PD window.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure why you're seeing that. Typically, I use only the second monitor for full screen previewing of critical sections, and only rarely because it's so taxing on the CPU.

However, the 2nd monitor is only for display, and all the editing takes place on the monitor with the main PD window.

That's what I'm trying to do. My normal setup is to leave the laptop screen off and use the larger external monitor. With PD17 I extend the display (Win10) to the laptop. When I put the video display on full screen I can't do any editing on the external monitor where everything is: like the timeline, cropping window etc. It doesn't seem to be too big a drain. It's a gaming laptop so pretty capable that way. It's a shame too because I'm just looking at a video I thought I'd finished but now see small detailed errors I couldn't see before so will have to redo some things. The one thing in the non-full screen video on the extra display that might be a problem is this (somewhat irritating) box where every time I make a change in a clip I have to go back and set it to movie (instead of clip) so the video will go to the next clip. Maybe there a keyboard short cut for that procedure? If there's a workaround to allow full screen video display on the laptop and still be able to edit on the monitor I'd appreciate knowing how to do it. Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2019 12:01

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are a couple of settings under Preferences > Editing that affect Clip/Movie modes.

For what you're trying to do, it sounds like you don't need PD's Dual Preview mode so much as to use PD's modules full screen on your big monitor. Most of the tools have a maximize button at the top right of the window, and you can also set PD's main preview screen to full screen (or much larger than the default) by using this undock button:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. next time I do a project I'll be checking this out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26. 2019 20:58