Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing SPEED of the movie after insertet text
Fjelljegeren [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2018 01:20 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
How to change speed of the movie without losing the alignment of the text I have inserted?
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote How to change speed of the movie without losing the alignment of the text I have inserted?

Changing the speed of a clip works independently of your title. To alter the speed of a clip in the timeline, hi-light the clip and click on Tools......Power Tools. In the window that pops up, select 'video speed'. Then click on 'speed adjustment' and select your range. Then you click on 'create time shift'. A blue border will appear reflecting your chosen range to alter the speed of the clip. Click on 'speed multiplier' and select your chosen speed for your selected range.
Fjelljegeren [Avatar]
[Post New]

Changing the speed of a clip works independently of your title. To alter the speed of a clip in the timeline, hi-light the clip and click on Tools......Power Tools. In the window that pops up, select 'video speed'. Then click on 'speed adjustment' and select your range. Then you click on 'create time shift'. A blue border will appear reflecting your chosen range to alter the speed of the clip. Click on 'speed multiplier' and select your chosen speed for your selected range.

While speeding up the video the text will not follow... I want the text to follow one object. But when a change the speed of the video, the text is still in ordernary speed

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2019 08:57

TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]

While speeding up the video the text will not follow... I want the text to follow one object. But when a change the speed of the video, the text is still in ordernary speed

Why not make the text follow the object at normal speed, and then render that section of your project as video plus title. Then place that rendered section back into the timeline and speed it up. As the title is now an embedded part of the rendered video on the TL, it would speed up in sync with the video when you applied the tools. You'd lose a little quality, but it should work.
Fjelljegeren [Avatar]
[Post New]

Why not make the text follow the object at normal speed, and then render that section of your project as video plus title. Then place that rendered section back into the timeline and speed it up. As the title is now an embedded part of the rendered video on the TL, it would speed up in sync with the video when you applied the tools. You'd lose a little quality, but it should work.

Yes I know. I make all movie and text at normal speed. The text always follows the object I choose. With a movie of an hour or two, with for example 400 objects of text, one must change the speed of both film and text simultaneously. If this is not possible, I think Power Director has a major weakness

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 14. 2019 13:53

Fjelljegeren [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes I know. I make all movie and text at normal speed. The text always follows the object I choose. With a movie of an hour or two, with for example 400 objects of text, one must change the speed of both film and text simultaneously. If this is not possible, I think Power Director has a major weakness

Well ..., no one knows?
Sad then this pull down the Power Director very much!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
We're trying to help you without a clear understanding what your workflow is. For example, you haven't said if the whole video is going to be sped up, or only individual sections.

TDK1044 suggested producing each section with a title that you want to speed up individually. If instead you are looking to speed up your entire video, you can lay everything out at the normal speed and then produce it, which will lock all of the titles to the correct duration.

You can then speed up the entire video with the Speed tool and produce it to get the faster version.

You may also want to try making the faster video section first and then add the titles later, especially if you want to use fades or other text effects on the titles. That way, the title effects will happen normally and not won't look like they are sped up.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Fjelljegeren [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote We're trying to help you without a clear understanding what your workflow is. For example, you haven't said if the whole video is going to be sped up, or only individual sections.

TDK1044 suggested producing each section with a title that you want to speed up individually. If instead you are looking to speed up your entire video, you can lay everything out at the normal speed and then produce it, which will lock all of the titles to the correct duration.

You can then speed up the entire video with the Speed tool and produce it to get the faster version.

You may also want to try making the faster video section first and then add the titles later, especially if you want to use fades or other text effects on the titles. That way, the title effects will happen normally and not won't look like they are sped up.

The video is put together with several clips. Then I put on text such as names of a lake, a mountain, part of a terrain, and so on. I lock the text to a certain point in the terrain = the text follows the object. After this work is done I will increase the speed of the movie to shorten the time. The problem is that I can't figure out how to do this in PowerDirector for both the video clips and the text I've put together. The text ends up at the wrong time.

While marking both video and text the POWER TOOL is gone

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 18. 2019 03:31

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote While marking both video and text the POWER TOOL is gone

Yes, that's correct because the Video Speed tool only works for video, and when you select any other type of object, the video speed tool can't be used.

Quote The video is put together with several clips. Then I put on text such as names of a lake, a mountain, part of a terrain, and so on. I lock the text to a certain point in the terrain = the text follows the object. After this work is done I will increase the speed of the movie to shorten the time. The problem is that I can't figure out how to do this in PowerDirector for both the video clips and the text I've put together. The text ends up at the wrong time.

We've explained exactly how to do what you want, but I don't think it's made sense to you yet.

Let's look at what you want to do, and how you've thought about doing it first:

1. Add timeline clips

2. Add text and set correct duration

3. Increase movie speed (although I'm still not clear if you will incease the speed of the entire movie, or only specific sections)

4. Produce

Now look at how you need to do this to keep everything in sync:

1. Add timeline clips

2. Increase movie speed (which can be the entire movie or only selected sections)

3. Add text and set correct duration

4. Produce

That's all there is to it!

As I mentioned earlier, if you are planning to speed up the entire movie, you can follow your original workflow but add one step:

1. Add timeline clips

3. Produce movie at normal speed, then place the produced clip on the timeline

4. Increase movie speed and produce again

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Fjelljegeren [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes, that's correct because the Video Speed tool only works for video, and when you select any other type of object, the video speed tool can't be used.

We've explained exactly how to do what you want, but I don't think it's made sense to you yet.

Let's look at what you want to do, and how you've thought about doing it first:

1. Add timeline clips

3. Increase movie speed (although I'm still not clear if you will incease the speed of the entire movie, or only specific sections)

4. Produce

Now look at how you need to do this to keep everything in sync:

1. Add timeline clips

2. Increase movie speed (which can be the entire movie or only selected sections)

3. Add text and set correct duration

4. Produce

That's all there is to it!

As I mentioned earlier, if you are planning to speed up the entire movie, you can follow your original workflow but add one step:

1. Add timeline clips

3. Produce movie at normal speed, then place the produced clip on the timeline

4. Increase movie speed and produce again

The way you describe this is exactly as I have done so far before I posted this and started asking questions. That is, insert the movie clips -> add text -> produce at normal speed -> add the result to the timeline -> produce again at a different speed

This I think is a bad solution and hoped I had overlooked something!

But if this is the only solution in PowerDirector, my experience will be negative. Maybe I should look for a better alternative.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote ...But if this is the only solution in PowerDirector, my experience will be negative. Maybe I should look for a better alternative.

That's certainly your call. It's a simple and straightforward workflow and it's generally how video editors work, but if this isn't how you want to edit, I hope you can find another program that better suited your needs.

YouTube/optodata

Fjelljegeren [Avatar]
[Post New]

That's certainly your call. It's a simple and straightforward workflow and it's generally how video editors work, but if this isn't how you want to edit, I hope you can find another program that better suited your needs.

Yes, that's my call.
And, just for saying, the professionals does not job like that. They have the possibility by the editing software/programs to change both video and text in one operation without having to save and edit again in multiple operations.

You know that by editing, saving, editing, saving the quality loses every time?

But by all means! I'm not blaming you for PowerDirector being unable to deliver ;

PS! Soon we have to pay per. month / year via subscription as from many other providers ... SAD!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 21. 2019 12:58

optodata
[Post New]
Quote You know that by editing, saving, editing, saving the quality loses every time?

That's true if you continually produce each section every time you save, but that's not what's happening here. If you speed up the individual sections before you add the text, you only produce the video a single time.

If you kept your original workflow of placing the text with the video in the original duration and then produced it, then yes, you would one more producing pass to speed the entire video up.

YouTube/optodata