Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2Go 13 CD rip window shows only track numbers and "unknown" for all data fields
Picturedude
Newbie Location: Sacramento, CA Joined: Sep 12, 2014 16:29 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
On both a Windows 7 and a Windows 10 PCs all CD data is missing. The program worked fine for two weeks, then suddenly stopped working on both machines at the same time. It fails no matter what CD I try to rip.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
usualy when power2go show "unknown" for audio cd ripping data, it means this audio cd is not a commercial audio cd and it has no more info to show from its music database.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Adding to this, Power2Go pulls the song information from the Internet (it is not on the disc), so you must be connected to retrieve it. If you are connected and it is no longer working for you for commercial CDs, check if Power2Go is being blocked from retrieving the info, i.e. blocked by a firewall, etc.

Dave
Picturedude
[Post New]
Quote Adding to this, Power2Go pulls the song information from the Internet (it is not on the disc), so you must be connected to retrieve it. If you are connected and it is no longer working for you for commercial CDs, check if Power2Go is being blocked from retrieving the info, i.e. blocked by a firewall, etc.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I have the program white listed with the firewall. Also it worked fine last week, but then stopped and iTunes has no trouble with the same comercial CDs.
sumerJ [Avatar]
[Post New]
mine looks fine.

[Thumb - audiocd.jpg]
 Filename
audiocd.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
88 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2019 21:12

SharadDev [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2019 07:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
While streaming is quickly becoming the most popular way to enjoy music, many of us prefer to own our favorite tunes, rather than lease them. Purchasing and ripping CDs, or buying digital tracks to download, remains the best way to build large digital music collections that you can listen to any time, anywhere, on almost any device, even if you don’t have an internet connection.

If you’re like most people, however, you probably own some obscure tracks that never quite made the music database services from which these apps pull their metadata. Maybe you have a collection of tracks you ripped many years ago, when these services weren’t available, or maybe they’re your own works. Either way, I’ll bet you have more than a few tracks that pop up in your music player as “Unknown Track” by “Unnamed Artist.”

If you’re as geeky about music as I am, you’ll find unlabeled or mislabeled tracks really aggravating. The answer is metadata management the ability to add, edit, change, and delete the metadata stored with audio files. You could try listening to every mislabeled track, figure out exactly what obscure remix it is, look up the official tracklisting, and then use a tag-editing app to update each file. But that’s going to take a lot of time. Allow me to show you a smarter approach.

What if there was an app that could “listen” to a selection tracks in your media library, compare the results to a worldwide music database, then automatically retrieve detailed track, album and artist information for you? What if it could also update tags and file names for you, and then relocate the files to an appropriate location in your music collection?

Interested in aggregating feeds? With Instagrin you can manage your own blended feed & customize it to your liking!
Picturedude
[Post New]
Quote While streaming is quickly becoming the most popular way to enjoy music, many of us prefer to own our favorite tunes, rather than lease them. Purchasing and ripping CDs, or buying digital tracks to download, remains the best way to build large digital music collections that you can listen to any time, anywhere, on almost any device, even if you don’t have an internet connection.

If you’re like most people, however, you probably own some obscure tracks that never quite made the music database services from which these apps pull their metadata. Maybe you have a collection of tracks you ripped many years ago, when these services weren’t available, or maybe they’re your own works. Either way, I’ll bet you have more than a few tracks that pop up in your music player as “Unknown Track” by “Unnamed Artist.”

If you’re as geeky about music as I am, you’ll find unlabeled or mislabeled tracks really aggravating. The answer is metadata management the ability to add, edit, change, and delete the metadata stored with audio files. You could try listening to every mislabeled track, figure out exactly what obscure remix it is, look up the official tracklisting, and then use a tag-editing app to update each file. But that’s going to take a lot of time. Allow me to show you a smarter approach.

What if there was an app that could “listen” to a selection tracks in your media library, compare the results to a worldwide music database, then automatically retrieve detailed track, album and artist information for you? What if it could also update tags and file names for you, and then relocate the files to an appropriate location in your music collection?

Interested in aggregating feeds? With Instagrin you can manage your own blended feed & customize it to your liking!

I agree with wat you said and I have solved the problem on my Windows 10 PC by re-installing Poer2Go 10 and thern re-installing Power2Go 13. My problem has always been about ripping brand new commercial CDs like the sound track from Bohemiam Rhapsody and others, all commercial CDs. The progran still will not work properly on Windows 7 no matter what i do.
sumerJ [Avatar]
[Post New]
As I know, Power2Go uses internet database for getting CD track and artist name, so it need someone upload the info onto that database.

Alternative way to get this info is to get via CD-Text, if your commercial CD have made the CD-Text for it. (perhaps it's only available for old CDs)